Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would chose a toyota over a chevy any day. Well yesterday i got a free car a 1979 chevy chevtte, oddly the engine looks clean so i believe the miles are right. Well heres the problem the key will not turn when i go to start it so im lost and i was wondering if there was a way to get rid of the locking stearing will and how?? that way i would just need to hook up a start push botton i think this will make it easier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ok, heres how to solve your problem...

First, sell the 'vette
Second, buy a 2jzgte with the money you made
Third, put the 2jz in your Celica Supra (I'm assuming you have one or you wouldn't be here) then procede to giving crap to all American muscle drivers about how you are faster, more stylish and get better gas milage

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Either that, or violently ripping and beating and cursing at things usually works too...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ummm... He said CHEVETTE, not CORVETTE. You ain't getting a 2jz for the price of a 79 chevette unless its got gold bars stacked inside!
As for a push button? Go for it, nobodys going to steal that thing anyway ;-) Take the steering colum apart and remove the ignition lock, and replace it with a push button kit. Hell even just taking it apart might give you a better idea of why it's stuck. B

·
Registered
540 Posts
Did you make sure to jiggle the steering wheel? Simple enough but still can be a pain in the ass. Sometimes in my Buick the wheel would lock the cylendar and I couldn't turn the key in it. Food for thought, but might be about as tasty as oil... Maybe I shouldn't post when drunk... :twak: :wedrunk: :drink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts