Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help. I have hung onto my 1984 Supra for who knows what reason, and now I have a young friend wanting to buy it for himself. I was hit on drivers side & it will need a new door, quarter panel work, bumper, mirrow, etc. Inside is excellent. Minimal rust. It's a 5sp inline 6 that was rebored @ 44K just after I bought it in '85 & when parked was a smooth runner. I don't even know if it's a turbo, haven't looked at it in so long. It has been sitting now for 8 years & I have absolutely no need for it. I don't want to be unfair in price, but I don't want to give it away. I thought around $500.00 to$ 600.00 would be OK. I honestly know nothing about these cars, though I have driven Toyotas since 1983. I will apreciate any input you can give me. Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will tell you what they are going to tell you. This post is useless without pictures! Try to get some up and we will let you know!

·
Registered
472 Posts
unless the engine has been swapped or a turbo has been added on then it will be a stock 5mge.

if it runs good and will drive no problem then i might say maybe 750. body work isnt too bad. if you know what youre doing.

if he wants to buy it to rice it out then tell him no sale. lol.
youre car so do what you want to it but thats my 2 cents.

·
Founding Member
6,343 Posts
if it runs good and will drive no problem then i might say maybe 750. body work isnt too bad. if you know what youre doing.
I dunno. From the description of the damage it sounds like it ought to be a "parts car" donor for another mk2 at this point. $500 - $600 is probably a fair price for a parts car if the interior is good shape. I've bought a lot of mk2 parts cars over the years. I paid $450 for one several years ago that had a fantastic interior, but was in a wicked front end collision. I think that's about the most I ever paid, but they are getting more rare and somebody on here would give their eye teeth for good seat-back shells or an un-cracked dash pad.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Yeah sounds like you have rear end damage which usually also causes frame damage (it does not take much).

·
Registered
322 Posts
if he wants to buy it to rice it out then tell him no sale. lol.
lol

Yeah sounds like you have rear end damage which usually also causes frame damage (it does not take much).
Is that a fact? i'll keep that in mine. I think the guy i bought mine off slid into something right behind my driverside door, obviously theres a dent, but I hope thats all I gotta fix... Thanks Chris for the fyi

·
Registered
686 Posts
For a car that has been sitting for 8 years and has what sounds like extensive body damage I wouldn’t pay over $300. It is essentially a parts car till it’s in running condition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts