Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so I decided to do the laborious task of taking apart my entire dash and just get things fixed and cleaned up under there due to the previous owner's neglecting the car.
Now the problem I'm facing now is with removing the evaporator core, I've been having trouble removing it and so far I only managed to get the underside of the assembly loose. What else should I be doing in order to fully remove the assembly? And what's the part # so I can buy one from RockAuto or something if it's available.

Left side

Right side

·
Premium Member
8,377 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
Have you removed the case from the car? It looks like you're trying to do this in the car based on the photos.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you removed the case from the car? It looks like you're trying to do this in the car based on the photos.
Yeah, I'm currently trying to remove the case so I can get to the evaporator and test/clean it. But now I'm just trying to disconnect the two lines coming in from the engine bay.

·
Super Moderator
8,680 Posts
The entire black box that surrounds the evaporator needs to be removed from the car and then split out of the car. It's basically just split down the middle.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Take the unit out not the core. No way to do this in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take the unit out not the core. No way to do this in the car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm in the process of removing the lines coming from the engine bay, there's the smell of something dead in there.. Not sure what cause I didn't see anything in the unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts