Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 83 celica supra that i just bought, it has the classic leaky valve seal problem, it has 100,000 original miles on it and i was planning on redoing the whole head, port polish, aggressive cams, big valves, adjustable cam gears, polishing the intake manifold too. i am planning on an 11 pound flywheel, aluminum driveshaft, short shift kit, bad ass springs with a rate of around 350-400 pounds, polyurethane bushings all the way around. basically i need help finding web sites that carry these parts, do you guys have any suggestions or brands that you trust? who stocks cams and valves for these engines, 5mge. where can i find lowering springs that'll lower it only about 1" on all four corners that are pretty high quality? my goal is to basically break the 200 horsepower mark lol cuz i've heard these engines have gobs of power to be unlocked. any help or suggestions would be great, cuz i dont wanna go into this project blind, any combos you guys are running that work well for you?

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
For most of the aftermarket stuff you are looking for, talk to the sponsors/vendors we have on her.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
Agreed, the sponsors/vendors on this site are very helpful... :thumbsup:

(Today) I just bought a set of front Dobinson lowering springs/Tokico struts/poly bushings from Raptor Racing. Can't wait to see the results!!

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
yessir just page down a few sections and you'll see our vendor section. They all offer awesome parts and service to our community so I strongly recommend them. I personnally use raptor racing mostly as well but they all offer lots of good stuff

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks guys. so for breaking the 200 hp mark im gonna need to be boosted? these motors are good for lots of torque right? i know the 22-re in my celica is good for torque just lacks horsepower

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
alright thanks guys. so for breaking the 200 hp mark im gonna need to be boosted?
No, but you will need to do quite a bit of work, and end up making it into a 6M (stroked from 2.8-3.0l) and you would also have to cough up the $$$$ for and ITB setup and an aftermarket ECU setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts