Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for help finding the I.D. of this hose that goes from the valve to the head. #87245A in this diagram

It blew on me the other day and the engine stalled. I started it back up to limp it to my girlfriend's a few blocks after it cooled down and it seemed okay so fingers crossed (not feeling great). Anyway, I need to get some bulk hose to replace it and was wondering if anyone knows what size hose it is. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
I had the same hose fail a few yrs ago, same scenario...no damage...

When repairs are completed you need to "burp" the cooling system to get all the air out of the cooling system..

Either nose up @ 30 degrees (some use car ramps) and use a radiator fill kit to let the system "burp" trapped air...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Yeah, I have one of those funnels. Sad to say but I am a mechanic haha. I just haven't popped the hood in awhile and now that bit me in the butt. I will probably just throw some bulk hose on there but does anyone know if someone offers all the hoses as a set? Like a cooling system refresh kind of kit? Or how about a good source to get replacement hoses piecemeal?

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
MNM, All of the heater hoses are long discontinued by Toyota...

I like Gate green stripe for generic hoses...

IF I can find my OEM stash I would confirm the inner diameter on that hose...

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
Maybe this one I cant figure out the orientation??

Bicycle part Tool Office supplies Auto part Font

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,731 Posts
That particular hose you can go behind the counter at autozone and find a right angle heater hose and trim to length. The Mk3 Supra version works as well, but that's usually a special order.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. That ebay link seems like the best way to get hoses, thanks a lot!

·
Premium Member
8,430 Posts
MNM, whats yr general location??

You can edit yr profile to add yr location...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry, I'm in Minnesota. I think it's time I freshen up all the coolant hoses, is there a compiled list of hoses equivalents that would be available over the counter? I've run into the situation many times where a website says a part fits a car only to find they're absolutely wrong. Just want to verify before I spend a ton on shipping or tear my car apart and can't find any parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts