Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 84 toyota supra.Very happy!!! I got a stock turbo and manifold with it but the car has a 5m motor in it.What is it gonna take to get this to work???What kinda issues am i gonna run in to??THE MOTOR IS BRAND NEW!How much boost will it hold with stock pistons in it?If you have done this plz respond or give me a call 1 336 520 3179.....THANKS GUYS!!!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
If you cannot find the answers using this great tool, DO NOT turbo your 5M!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
its going to take alot of work.
youre going to run into more issues than you can imagane
it will take 5-6 psi.

if you dont do more homework and ask "smarter" questions your going to get shut out and nobdy will help you.

welcome to the forum. there is about 2 weeks of reading to do before you post another question.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i'll apologize for the previous rough introductions. there's plenty of good people here who will be more than happy to help, and consider this forum your friend. there's plenty of good information on here, mostly due to previous individuals asking very similar questions and getting stellar responses.

as such, please use the search function before posting, as this will usually clear up most or all of your questions.

don't take too hard to the criticism craigmac, and good luck with your mods

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
OP...if that the effort you are gonna put into searching

GTFO!!!

Slap the turbo and mani on and go hog wild...it is a supra after all...must be able to handle like 25 pounds and make 500 hp...

stock ecu will handle it all..

GOOD LUCK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well that was some smart a** answers!!!! I dont know anything about the car and dont wanna blow it up as soon as i get it running!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ha you guys are great...Honestly good luck. If I were you I would go 7m. So much more potential then the 5m. If i were you screw the whole idea of 5m and save your money for a 7m

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
there have been hundreds and hundreds of guys jumpin on this site with no knowledge or care to search what make you so much better than the rest that we should spoon feed you the information...
search and learn. ANybody out there running a 5mgte did there hundreds of hours of research or paid someone for it. So choose one.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
well that was some smart a** answers!!!!
Remember, "it is always better to be a smartass than a dumbass". That has been my main mantra for a long time now, and the main reason why I have honed my smartass skills to a fine edge.

·
Registered
906 Posts
well that was some smart a** answers!!!! I dont know anything about the car and dont wanna blow it up as soon as i get it running!!!
You showed an obvious lack of prior research and preperation, and expect any different ?

Scott -84ptype- has every right especialy. A young "punk" :) that did his research, asked informed questions, did his research -- rinse/repeat/rinse/repeat, eyc., etc. ..............

The correct start, if you are new to ANY car forum "any forum for that matter".

Hey guys, I have this car, and these parts. Can you show me the way? Is there a write up I can read through ?

These are CARS... if you've thought of it, it's probably been attempted. Ask in an appropriate manner, and you'll get helpful hints/tips.

Roll in like a bull in a china shop, you'll get an appropriate responce to that also.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
i'll apologize for the previous rough introductions.
dont apolagize on my behalf, are you the forum ambassador to noobs, noob?:gtfoslap:
I meant what i said and i wasnt being a dick. i answered his questions just like he asked them in a smart ass way, WTF did he or you expect? i welcomed him to the forum and advised him on what to do and what will happen.

just a little time spent reading and he can answer the questions he just asked and the ones he is gonna ask

this thread is wasting space in the turbo section and needs to go to the toilet

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Please dont apologize for me either,
I meant what I said, and I was being a dick, intentionally. Yes...
This is probably one reason why there are so few running 5mgtes in the world and it is because of intro threads like this.

They ask stupid, non informed questions, get stupid answers, get all butthurt, and run and hide.
Cool. If you dont wanna research, read, and oh yeah read a SHIT TON more, then guess you wont get your 5m turboed, or much of anything done for that matter.

Woopty doooo....
Makes my car all that more unique.

Flush this thread.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I guess I will chime in about no one making apologies for me either, everyone here already knows I am an asshole.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
see, not many here know I am an asshole cause I am normally pretty tame...But Since going 5mgte, and having to go through the battles, and searches and research, etc. and seeing SOOO many threads like this, I am now gonna be a dick. Im glad I kept my mouth shut for like the first 6 months I was on the forums and just did my research...

So now I am gonna be an asshole to the people who expect to be spoonfed on stuff that the info is out there.

:thumbsup: flush this bitch.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
What the hell is "spookfed"?:eekfacepalm:

At least I got a good laugh out of that, see you fail at even trying to be an asshole......go face the corner till I say you get come back to this thread.:runaway:

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts