Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wondering wear i could find shift knobs that will fit our cars. I'v looked at a couple like MOMO and I like the MOMO set up with the steering wheel and shift knob and boot, also the floor mats are nice, Will the shift knob fit a MK11 supras shifter,

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
You've got to Search the forum a little. There as a thread on the thread pattern of the shifter, and that'll help you in your search. If the thread patterns match, it'll bolt right up, if it don't, then you've got problems haha. And of course there's always those knobs that don't actually rely on thread pattern...

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Thread pitch is M12 x 1.25 metric.

Heres some fun facts for you:

Its MK2, not MK11.

You're a ricer if you think double clutching is faster.(or you need new syncros)

The MK2 seats are RECARO style. Not Recardo, which is retardo.

It's vtec, unless you need a phone, then its vtech. Heres some links to help you understand: VTEC V-Tech

You're 5mge definitely won't burn rubber in 3rd gear, and if you're double clutching, 2nd isn't happening either.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thread pitch is M12 x 1.25 metric.

Heres some fun facts for you:

Its MK2, not MK11.

You're a ricer if you think double clutching is faster.(or you need new syncros)

The MK2 seats are RECARO style. Not Recardo, which is retardo.

It's vtec, unless you need a phone, then its vtech. Heres some links to help you understand: VTEC V-Tech

You're 5mge definitely won't burn rubber in 3rd gear, and if you're double clutching, 2nd isn't happening either.
Here are some more fun facts:

"Heres" is not a word.

I've seen it referred to as "MKII" more often than "MK2" or "MK11".

Should be "Your 5mge definitely won't...".

Just figured if we were going to start correcting grammar/spelling, it should apply to all. And I didn't even address the punctuation issues.:sarcasm:

BTW, welcome to the forum, OP.

·
Premium Member
4,040 Posts
Here are some more fun facts:

"Heres" is not a word.

I've seen it referred to as "MKII" more often than "MK2" or "MK11".

Should be "Your 5mge definitely won't...".

Just figured if we were going to start correcting grammar/spelling, it should apply to all. And I didn't even address the punctuation issues.:sarcasm:

BTW, welcome to the forum, OP.
HAHA, touche'.

·
Registered
235 Posts
HAHA, touche'.
Just pokin' at ya. And unfortunately, I have no useful info regarding the original question, as both of mine are stock. So I'll STFU now.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
there is also someone here that will recover your stock one IIRC...

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
stock is plastic no? I have a stock plastic one...

so many fun facts about our cars today!!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Your Toyota parts department sells TRD knobs that fit. High quality knobs and you can get them in black leather. I just got mine and it was worth the price.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
There's nothing like a mint condition OEM know(ahhh...a huh huh huh :laugh:) but $40 for one like in the link above on page 4 you cannot go wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
So much love in this thread...here's a shift knob I sell for less than $25...

It's a good alternative IMO and goes great with the S3 short shifter

Oh...and guys...its MkDuece...get it straight :laugh:

·
Banned
9 Posts
congrats on the new Pat Do you have the chrome top on the shift knob? The knop is typical of cars in its class. Yes my VW had a leather wrapped one and the plastic grip on the front of the Pats shifter provides good grip but doesnt feel right. Also the plastic boot is inelegant. Im sure I will be able to get aftermarket knobs and soon a nice leather boot if so inclined. Right now they are fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts