Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be way off here, but I believe the O2 sensor provides a voltage reading to the ECU in the range of 0 to 1 volt. Is it Lean to Rich or Rich to Lean for the voltage readings? Thanks.

I am purchasing my 5 wire Wide Band O2, and I want to make sure I get the right one.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
You are aware that a wideband operates on a 0-5v scale and rquires a controller box to make it work right? It will simulate the 0-1v that the ECU is looking for. Anyway to answer your question 0v is dead lean and 1v is ful rich.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Take a look at this site, Wes.

http://www.lambdaboy.com/product.html

That is what I am ordering. I decided if I want to get the MAF conversion to work properly and be able to gradually up my boost, I wanted something like this. I don't want to have to mess around scheduling dyno time whenever I want to make a change.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Yeah it looks as if you need the expensiva addition if you want to replace your stock o2 sensor with the wideband. Another option would be to have a bung welded into your exhaust to install the wideband into. Then the ECU would still recieve a reading from the stock o2 like normal but you would be tuning and datalogging with the wideband readout. Also I dont think the stock sensor unscrews from the 2 bolt mounting plate if you have a toyota sensor. So you will need to find a mounting plate to put the wideband in the original location. I have an aftermarket bosch sensor that can be unscrewed from the mounting plate.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Suprasport sells a tapped mounting plate for the two bolt hole O2 sensor. I believe it will work on the MKII, it does on the MKIII.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My O2 sensor mounts into my Spearco turbo exhaust manifold. I will leave it for now, but eventually will probably switch over to the wide band O2 sensor for the ECU, I am very cautious. The Wide Band will be going into the Turbo Elbow. There is already a threaded hole with a bolt blocking it off there. Thanks for your help. I should be ordering it next week. I will definitely keep you guys posted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts