Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be doing the 7mgte motor swap, so I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a 7mgte tranny, I will probably have to send it away for it to get rebuilt too, but that will just be better for the long run anyways. I know I know...check the junk yards, but the junk yards here in Nebraska, dont have any mk2s, and if they do, there usualy destroyed or torn apart allready.

I have only seen about 4 other mk2s in omaha nebraska, and i dont see any other members listed as a nebraska resident, so I kinda feel alone here, and its hard for me to find stuff around here. If there were a lot of mk2s around this area, then maybe we could have a meet here somewhere in the midwest, but i dont know, thanks!

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
2 options....

Build up your current W58 5-speed so that it's bulletproof.

Option 2: It is possible to get the 7MGTE R154 5-speed tranny in.. You'll need to make some adjustments to the transmission tunnel to get it to fit, the shifter opening inside will need to be modified (shifter comes out in a "slightly" different location) and your driveshaft length will need to be adjusted...

Others????

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
building the 5m tranny?

How much would it cost to build the 5m tranny to be able to handle? also i heard that the 5m can only take up to like 400 hp, what about the 7m? wouldnt it be able to handle more?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts