Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to verify the part numbers between a MKIII Supra fuel level sending unit, and one from say a 1990'ish Cressida that came with a 7M? What I'm REALLY trying to narrow out is a way to find out if the digital dash unit from the same cressida would be the same unit used in a RHD 7M MKIII with a digital dash. I am building a RHD MKIII that originally had a digital dash and a 7M/5speed, but is now going 2JZ. Being that there were no digi dashed MKIII's in America, I am having a heck of a time trying to find a fuel sending unit for it. I thought that MAYBE if the analog dashed MKIII, and 7M powered Cressida had the same unit in them, then POSSIBLY, the digi dashed 7M powered cressidas and the RHD digi dashed MKIII's MIGHT also be the same.. Is there anyway you could help verify this? And if it does happen to be the same, maybe get a price on it? thanks so much in advance for your help!

with kindest regards,

Scotty

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cross reference parts numbers from RockAuto.com and you'll have your answer.

Rock Auto will not pull up a fuel level sending unit in their drop down screens...

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
MA70 - Mechanical Gauge - 83320-80051
MA70 - Digital Gauge - 83320-80052
MX83 - Mechanical Gauge - 83320-80111
MX83 - Digital Gauge - 83320-80112

There's a pattern there...if you can mod the Cressida Digital Gauge sender to the MkIII tank I think you may have a winner!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MA70 - Mechanical Gauge - 83320-80051
MA70 - Digital Gauge - 83320-80052
MX83 - Mechanical Gauge - 83320-80111
MX83 - Digital Gauge - 83320-80112

There's a pattern there...if you can mod the Cressida Digital Gauge sender to the MkIII tank I think you may have a winner!

Thanks for your help on this! I wonder if there is a way to find out what kind of Ohm reading across the range the digital one has in comparison to the mechanical one for the cressida, and if the Cressida and Supra have the same range on them. If those would match up, I think it might would be almost as easy as just resplicing a new connector end on the harness and sending unit side so that they would connect and be wired where they need to be. If you happen to have a way to be able to find this out, I would be greatly appreciative! I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to try to get this car ready for the Toronto meet. It's getting down to the wire!! :ugh:

Scotty

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
The only place you might be able to find that info is the TSRM...give that a try Scott.

Thanks for your help on this! I wonder if there is a way to find out what kind of Ohm reading across the range the digital one has in comparison to the mechanical one for the cressida, and if the Cressida and Supra have the same range on them. If those would match up, I think it might would be almost as easy as just resplicing a new connector end on the harness and sending unit side so that they would connect and be wired where they need to be. If you happen to have a way to be able to find this out, I would be greatly appreciative! I'm doing EVERYTHING in my power to try to get this car ready for the Toronto meet. It's getting down to the wire!! :ugh:

Scotty

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know I'm bringing this back up from the dead, but I forgot to ask. If I do decide to try to modify a digital Cressida unit, do you have a price on something like that? (83320-80112) Also, is there just no way to order one of the MA70 digital units from Japan? I mean, didn't the first bunch of 1JZ/R154 belhousings come from a Toyota dealer somewhere here in the states or Canada ordering them through "the back door" so to speak?!

Thanks in advance Mr. Mark!

Scotty

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
That may have been the case...but in the last year Toyota has effectively 'shut the door' permanently. I can't even order 1JZ bellhousings anymore. I'll try to remember to price a fuel level sender...but I'd guess they are discontinued.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That may have been the case...but in the last year Toyota has effectively 'shut the door' permanently. I can't even order 1JZ bellhousings anymore. I'll try to remember to price a fuel level sender...but I'd guess they are discontinued.
Well, thank you for anything you can come up with Mark. I definetely appreciate any effort or help on this! Heck, I even asked my local Toyota dealership about the digital part number, and they said they couldn't even pull it up in their system! So I know you're the man, even if for nothing more than finding the number to begin with! :thumbsup:

Scotty

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry Scotty...the Cressida senders are discontinued as well bro!
Well, we fought a good fight anyway! lol Thanks for all of your help and effort. I guess I'll keep searching the overseas Ebays and whatnot. Thanks again man!

Scotty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts