Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEED WHISKERS
Mr. Whisker (celicasupra) has stopped making them. As of ever thread I've found. Anybody know where I can get some more for a reasonable price? I liked his because they were well made.

·
Super Moderator
8,256 Posts
I thought they were still available from Toyota?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I've just talked to a manufacturer who can make exact replicas of the whiskers, including part numbers like originals. Minimum quantity is 100 pairs (made in a siamese mold that would produce a pair at a time. They would be made out of a material with the same hardness/flexibility as the originals (TPU plastic) but with superior durability and resistance to UV. Price would be less than $100/pair but that might scare away enough people to make it impossible to justify the tooling cost. I've checked out this guy's operation and he certainly has the competence to do the job right. Please let me know if you have any interest in this and/or if they are available from Toyota (in original inferior TPU material) and what Toyota's price is.

·
Whistles
1,052 Posts
My friends have all told me to look into these.

Let me know how to get a set, please.

·
Registered
266 Posts
NEED WHISKERS
Mr. Whisker (celicasupra) has stopped making them. As of ever thread I've found. Anybody know where I can get some more for a reasonable price? I liked his because they were well made.
Thanks for the props, I still have a couple decent working moulds, but materials are limited.
Garage is a sorry sight, far from last fall when I :iocrunks2:
Spilled milk...if possible, I'll try to pull a few sets, but prob won't be perfect.

I've just talked to a manufacturer who can make exact replicas of the whiskers, including part numbers like originals. Minimum quantity is 100 pairs (made in a siamese mold that would produce a pair at a time. They would be made out of a material with the same hardness/flexibility as the originals (TPU plastic) but with superior durability and resistance to UV. Price would be less than $100/pair but that might scare away enough people to make it impossible to justify the tooling cost. I've checked out this guy's operation and he certainly has the competence to do the job right. Please let me know if you have any interest in this and/or if they are available from Toyota (in original inferior TPU material) and what Toyota's price is.
If anyone could carry the torch, I would recommend Bob. I've bought lots of parts off him over the years and he's never disappointed. Injection moulding is costlier, but yields superior results. :cool:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Thanks for the props, I still have a couple decent working moulds, but materials are limited.
Garage is a sorry sight, far from last fall when I :iocrunks2:
Spilled milk...if possible, I'll try to pull a few sets, but prob won't be perfect.

If anyone could carry the torch, I would recommend Bob. I've bought lots of parts off him over the years and he's never disappointed. Injection moulding is costlier, but yields superior results. :cool:
What I'm talking about is injection molding, perfect repros. I would need to give the molder a firm order for 100 pairs in order to proceed. I don't want to inventory a bunch. I personally don't need any ( I have a spare set) but because of my background in industrial design I was introduced to a manufacture today who specializes in this sort of work and does top quality stuff. Delivery would be approx. 2 months from making the commitment. Are there enough owners who want these? We'll see I guess.

·
Premium Member
7,739 Posts
Bob, I would be in for a set!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
For whom it may concern

Protector, Retractable Headlight
54125-14011 RH
54126-14011 LH

As I've found, for $65 each. If anyone has any decent condition used ones for cheaper, I'd be interested.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bob
I would be in for two sets.

·
Founding Member
6,331 Posts
I've been hanging on to a set for a future restoration but would be nice to have a spare and who knows, I might do more mk2s at some point in the future. Count me in.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I really should order an oem set.
I got the repros that went around last year, they do the trick just fine, but I know if I don't have those OEM ones hiding away in the garage somewhere I'll be kicking myself when Toyota finally runs out of stock.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts