Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it seems to me like the ignitor is the bad guy. My car is an 1983 p type. Please can anyone provide/find a WORKING ignitor and ship i will pay for fastest shipping and will pay nicely for a working ignitor. I need this as fast as i can get it pm offers with shipping included 86326 AZ. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
I have a good '82. I think it may be the same as '83. Can you give me the part number so I can confirm that it will work for you?

Bob

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i found 2 numbers which are 89620-14360 and 131100-3360

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone please help i really dont want to spend so much money on a new one.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cool the part numbers are listed above idk which one would be the actual part number but i pulled them both off the ignitor

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've got at least 2 that are definitely not from 84 & up so I'll check the part numbers as well.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
OK, I checked the 3 that I have easily accessible and they're the wrong part #'s.

As much as I'd like to help I don't have time to go digging to specifically try and find more and I suspect all the others I have will be for 84's anyway.

I've just parted out my (original} 84 and am trying to group all similar items in one box or location...so if I happen to come across another one while I'm putting parts away, I'll check to see if you still need it.

I sold one for an '83 about 3 years ago and at that time checked what the price was at the dealer and not only was it $400. + but there were only SEVEN in all of Canada!!

Hopefully, the supply for new ones is better down there if you don't have a choice & have to go that route...but I hope you have some good luck in finding a used one.

Hope things go well & work out for ya.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well I just checked my parts and I have one with the part #'s:
89620-14361
131300-0253

It also has a 025 at the end sideways.

My question which I guess should be asked of the Dealer do ALL of the part #'s have to match or is there part of that # that is a lot or batch#?

If you find out that this will work let me know. I have it sitting on my desk. I wanted $50.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks right now i am wondering if an 85 ignitor will work on an 83. I read a post that said it will i just want to make sure.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Sorry took so long but here are the numbers my have.

89620-14430
89620-22300
89620-14361

the 2 bottom ones have 4 green plugs where as the first one has 1 green plug. My 85 Cressida has one with 2 green plugs. Therefore it has different plugs so I am not able to double check. Let me know if one of these may work.

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
ok thanks right now i am wondering if an 85 ignitor will work on an 83. I read a post that said it will i just want to make sure.
I really doubt that. The plugs are way different, if I recall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts