Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,625 Posts
Just thought I'd mention... my attitude with Gas tanks... is that they're such a P.I.T.A ... to do/deal with... that IF I have to do one... I want to only do it ONCE... & nvr have to do it for that particular car AGAIN.. in my Lifetime LOL.

When I had one of mine cleaned & pressure tested by a Gas Tank repair place... after they'd done their work... i had them send it (somewhere...no idea where ) to be PLASTICIZED... so it becomes in effect a Fuel CELL.

Luckily... nvr had to replace another one in a long time... but now will b putting the Plasticized one in the '83 Turbo... & will do the same as I'm getting the '85 ready for Turbo... bit by bit....'

So search around guys... & see if U can find a Company that will do the Plasticizing... so tank will outlast the car ...

One thing tho'... is that when they did mine...I'd left the Pump, Fuel Gauge sender etc .on (as I always do when pulling a tank ) ... & they coated over top of those... so I have to wirebrush the outside edges of those things... to make sure I'd be able to swap Pumps/FuelSender units... if needed... so might want to have whoever is doing Urs... possibly...at least mask the edges.of those items... just a Public Service Announcement, LOL

Cheers,

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,625 Posts
I'm located in Chicago. And I'll update as soon as I can. I may have gotten ahold of the person who I was supposed to buy one from originally. If not. Then I will definitely take you up on it.
Still have tank if needed ...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I hear ya on a rough time the last month...

I myself ...have had a few " Surprizes " ... that came out of Left field... that costs me Major $$ .... lost 1/2 a week of work ... due to having to Follow Covid "Protocol" ... when all I had was a Cold... now just found out...that 1 of the "Heavy Duty" Springs I bought for my Daily Driver Jetta... is broken... in less than a year...

Reactions: ChiTownMK2
21 - 24 of 24 Posts