Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just gonna make this quick, about to hit the sack.

But anyway, My names Jake im 19, from New Zealand.

Recently I just got my 81' Celica Supra MK II (It has the XX on one of the door panels too hmm)

In the process of deciding what im going to do to her, etc Right now the plan is To turbo it and put some takashi rims on it and go from there, might do a full body paint of a nice slick black! But that will be down the road, Ill be lurking on the fourms here reading up.

Still in the learning stage, My first and only other car is my 93 Prelude.
cheers for reading

my car, Its pretty tidy, minimal rust, worst part is drivers door. And it was auto but has had a Manual conversion. I Paid $1500 :

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/Jake_nz_2007/S6301620.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/Jake_nz_2007/S6301622.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/Jake_nz_2007/S6301624.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/Jake_nz_2007/S6301626.jpg
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd115/Jake_nz_2007/S6301627.jpg

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting car. On the rear quarter panel there is a vent where American Supras have a light. There was not a 81 MKII Body in America, that I know of. Its the original MKII bodystyle so this care is unique. Other members May know about this XX as a prototype introduced before release here. You are sure its an '81?

What does the XX signify? Anyone know?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow just looked at the engine photo. That is an Engine i have never seen before on a Supra. You do have something unique. Get started and keep us updated.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
welcome

Interesting car. On the rear quarter panel there is a vent where American Supras have a light. There was not a 81 MKII Body in America, that I know of. Its the original MKII bodystyle so this care is unique. Other members May know about this XX as a prototype introduced before release here. You are sure its an '81?

What does the XX signify? Anyone know?
there are a few posts that explain the whole celica xx vs celica supra. "search" is your friend ;)

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow just looked at the engine photo. That is an Engine i have never seen before on a Supra. You do have something unique. Get started and keep us updated.
I read somewhere, could've been in the CS Forums as a matter of fact, that some of the overseas Supras/XXs had a the single cam motor as in the MKI. 5ME? Not certain but that's what I remember.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
North America Celica Supra = Japan Celica XX
Possibly built in 81, but certainly an '82

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its registered as an '81, Might of been built in the last half of '81. As my friend has a MK3 '86, Made in the 2nd half as they still made the MK2 Until halfway through that year.

Bit of a noob i know but im getting there ;)

For $300 The guy who i bought it off is going to give me 2 extra engines, I think both of them are DOHCs too, and twin turbos. Also the single turbo manifold ECUs and Looms. So i am looking foward to that, I think its possible to see gains of 20-30KW just from having DOHC, Pretty sure they are the same engines too, 1G EU's

·
Registered
22 Posts
That car is rough. Hope you have the time and money to put it back where it belongs. The 1G-GTE will be a rocking swap, good luck with it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah outside its kinda ruff, hardly any rust, one doors the worst, but will probably get a replacement one.

Gonna repaint all the trip (outside the car) this week.

As for inside, im not sure...Might swede the dash board, For the condition its in im not going to recondition it, might put some kinda racing wheel on, and try for some kinda black interior.

Also going to see how much it would be to get new material on the seats at some stage if that can be done at all.

But its going to be more of a drift machine than a good example of a MK2

·
Registered
22 Posts
in that case, hot pink duct tape and zipties are the order of the day. leave the door, it'll probably get smashed up anyway. and just gut the interior and suede the dash, you'll appreciate it more if drifting is your style.

im only semi-serious, but if you go this route i wanna see pictures of hte gnarly beast when its done: slammed and gutted.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah man, Ill be taking pictures the whole way.

As i said ill be getting the factory turbos in, see how they go, and maybe upgrade it from there.

So far Ive just painted the steel rims black, And im re painting all the outside trim today. Oh And Put a pod filter on yesterday, and replaced the widow wipers lol

When i can afford it these are the rims i will be getting.

And this is what my car looks like with them on :)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The engine Ive sourced is a 1G-GEU But will be putting the factory twin turbos on it as i said previously.

Will I require an inter cooler?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts