Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m a new owner of a 83 Supra and would like some advice on the car such as parts I can use for the car and any common problems. Any input would be much appreciated!
Edit:

·
Founding Member
6,227 Posts
Always liked that blue color that was available in 83. That was quite rare. Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
5,358 Posts
'83 and '82 shares the same coil/igniter/distributor assemblies. Most other parts for '84-'86 will be compatible.
Common issues: Blown head gaskets(BHG).Weak alternators,especially if you like your tunes.Lousy speakers.Wiper blades-change the rubber insert or modify the arms to accept normal blades.
IF you are in a warm climate,an additional transmission cooler is suggested.Do you need to pass an emissions test to get your tabs? Yes,that BLUE color is awesome! (y)
Many NEW OEM parts are not available,but we have used parts for Supra's!Missing or broken parts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the welcome as well as the information. Also in the state of CT I don’t need to do an emissions test for cars over 25 years so I’ll be good with that.

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
JT Congrats and Welcome to the group!!

Maintenance is the key...ie replace radiator/heater hoses...radiator cap...wheel bearings... change fluids...water pump...etc etc...RockAuto good source for replacement parts...

·
Premium Member
7,510 Posts
Also one of our recommended vendors be sure to check out RaptorRacing....

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you ever do have problems with the head gasket on this, or pull the head for any reason, going with an (expensive!) MLS gasket can often alleviate a lot of the old inline 6 problems. They are a little more forgiving.

Cool car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts