Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
It's worth at least $50 to know the motor's not seized. Tell us more if you buy it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Er, I'm confused as to why people are confused as to why I posted about me buying a Supra on a Supra Forum. ;-)

Anyhow, I didn't get out yesterday because it's bloody FREEZING!!

Where I live we've been hit by a blizzard, no, really:

So, I'm hoping today might be a bit better and hope I can convince a tow truck driver to haul the car to my shop.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Good luck with getting the car in that mess. Post up a few photos when you have a chance and welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
599 Posts
those drifts are huge, looks like fun !!
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Wow, $50.00 for a complete Supra is a steal! And an '86! Awesome man!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck with getting the car in that mess. Post up a few photos when you have a chance and welcome to the Forum!
I've been here for a while, I've had a mint '85 for a year and this is actually my third Supra.

Will post pics tomorrow, deal was finalized.

Has no keys but ignition is broken (my key worked).. Still haven't had a chance to diagnose anything on it, will tow it to my shop tomorrow. Probably wont be hard to get it running, then I'll store my nice one for the winter and rebuild the engine for my 4runner and do a 7mgte swap

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has spark but the fuel pump isn't pumping. Turns over nicely though. And maybe the ignition isn't broken, I've tried 3 other supra keys now and only mine works. Lucky I guess.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Er, I'm confused as to why people are confused as to why I posted about me buying a Supra on a Supra Forum. ;-)

Anyhow, I didn't get out yesterday because it's bloody FREEZING!!

Where I live we've been hit by a blizzard, no, really:

So, I'm hoping today might be a bit better and hope I can convince a tow truck driver to haul the car to my shop.
Oh man, now that's snow!

·
Miserable
702 Posts
time for a mk4 fuel pump ;) ebay is your friend on getting a fuel pump :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
4runner steering wheel w/ supra horn, i think it fits since this truck is going to be 5mge powered!

car came with a free mini socket set (snap-on!)

·
Registered
472 Posts
not bad at all for 50 bucks.

·
Registered
637 Posts
you lucky f&%k lol,
i love that two tone looks really nice for 50.00 bucks.
good luck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So.. with a little messing around I noticed the intake pipe was off the manifold. Didn't really help it start though. Jumped the fuel check connector didn't hear it come on, messed around, got it to turn on, heard fuel pumping, left it on and got it to start.

Took a bit to get it going, but when I left tonight it was starting every time. Engine runs good, there's a valve making some noise.. Clutch is good, makes me realize just how stiff my pressure plate is on my other car.. the pedal is so light to push its weird! Suspension is fine, has a couple good tires, pretty sure lsd is fine, alternator is fine, a/c wouldn't switch on, drivetrain and tranny feel tight.

Oil pressure is really bad though, needs a flush and a change and maybe a new oil pump. It's been sitting a very long time so who knows.

I almost want to drive it as a winter beater and park my nice supra, but, the brakes need to be bled and they're empty which means there's a leak somewhere. It has no stereo and I wouldn't be bothered to put one in so no tunes. Interior is ghetto. It smells bad. The fuel pump is sketchy. It has no tail lights, fog lights, grill or rear markers. The handbrake is crap. It does have the third tail light which I'm debating putting on my '85, but, it looks kinda ghetto! I was kind of expecting it to be at the top of the hatch not in the spoiler?

Smokey:

Really Smokey *cough cough*:

What really sucks is that it was -30 degrees C today, trying to keep the exhaust out and stay warm was impossible.

My '85 and my friend dexter's '85 which he bought from the same guy I got my car off of:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_NHJ_CRYNo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHfdSLT6N0

·
Registered
304 Posts
great find. oh and thaks for sending all that white stuff south.:censored: god i love winter.
Here's the forecast for Dickinson, N. Dakota, for Monday, copied and pasted from the weatherchannel.com.

Tomorrow night: Some clouds early will give way to generally clear conditions overnight. Near record low temperatures. Low near -25F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.

I crunched the numbers on a wind chill calculator and -25F with 5 mph winds is -39F, with 10 mph winds it's -47F. Someone told me today it's still officially Autumn. Wonder what winter's gonna be like? :ugh:

Well, not to hijack your thread, so great find for 50 bucks. Wish I had a potential Supra beater.:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts