Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope that I am welcome here. I have a 1984 RA65. I bought it from Sambone a little while back. I work with him and RA24MAN so I get alot of exposure to these types of cars.
My car dosen't run. The 22RE is on is way out of the car. In its place will be a 4G63 with a R154 trans. I am hoping for a couple of sunny days (no rain) to get some wok done on it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
We are all glad to see you here. Car looks good and be sure to keep a project thread or take pictures along the way to document it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on your first TOYOTA! :screwy:
-Post pics of the build!
You've got help when you need it :fawk: I mean...:salute:... (no offense)

·
Registered
434 Posts
This car holds a special place in my heart because my dad had one when i was a kid and i loved it! we went everywhere in it growing up in NYC i use to love watching him shift through gears! It's the car that made me fall in love with the supra and older Toyota's. Take care of it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bellhousing is a custom unit. It uses a hodge podge of clutch parts. My only challanges are the cam angle sensor and water outlet at the back of the head. I am hoping that the recess in the firewall is enough for clearance. My bellhousing is about 1/2" longer than the W58. I will be mounting the R154 in the stock location. The throttle body already has been moved to the other end, and the turbo turned 180 deg.

I love my Cartech (Corky Bell) intercooler. Small but very efficient.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I didn't know the R154 had a 'stock' location in the RA chassis'! LOL

Looks very cool though, did you just happen to have the 4G kicking around? Using the stock ECU for the 4G?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I meant the same location as the W58 and not moving it back like the 1J/2J swaps. I guess the R154 dosen't have a "stock" location.
I owned a 1st Gen GST DSM a while ago. The car was crap but I love the power of the 4G. Fwd is also crap. I had other plans for the engine and trans, but things change.
I will be using stock electronics for the time being. It has a 16G turbo and 2G maf. Nothing special.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Welcome I am another RA65 owner I have a 1985 Celica I am curently putting in a 2jz into mine. I allways prefferd the trunk verses the lift back so I allways stuck to the Celica this one is my third. Good luck with your swap I will definitly keep up with your progress.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool swap! I just picked up my first Celica late last year (that runs)
[URL=http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/tiggg321/?action=view&current=DSC02049.jpg][/URL]

I wanted a turbo 4 cyl as well. I was gonna turbo the 22re.
[URL=http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/tiggg321/?action=view&current=DSC00925.jpg][/URL]

But decided I wanted more power:naughty:
I already have many MKIII Supra parts so I decided to use what I had. Almost finished the bigger fab jobs on the parts car.

[URL=http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/tiggg321/?action=view&current=IMG_0124.jpg][/URL]

If you start a build thread, please link to it. I'd love to see the car finished:thumbsup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My plan is to use a MKII crossmember with a 7.5" LSD 3.73 or 3.91 gear.
I have both, I just need the right ring and pinion.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts