Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Malloy for reinstating our vendor status. We at McCord's are glad to be back!

I wanted to share what's been going on lately at McCord's Vancouver Toyota. The last 14 months have been exhilarating experience! We broke ground on a new 50,000 sq ft dealership facility last year and its been a wonderful experience to be involved in the design and fitment of our new parts department. I have been taking pictures for the last few months as we put the finishing touches on the new store. I wanted to share some of the more recent pictures of the interior of the new parts department!

Looking toward the front of the department 1st floor....condensed storage drawers really change our storage techniques in the new store

Toward the front of the parts department...condensed storage up front minimizes foot traffic, improving work flow and productivity

View from the back door...vertical freight conveyor on the left for large/heavy items going to the second floor mezanine

Main isle on the second floor

Bulk storage upstairs...all the large items over 24" in length are now located here

View from the front door in the showroom

The familiar Image II Toyota building storefront

$12.2 million new McCord's Vancouver Toyota

I'd be happy to take more pics if anyone would like to see what it looks like with all the parts in it. We moved the inventory this last weekend, and it is a fully functioning parts department as of Monday! Hope to hear from all of you in the future!!

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Ooooooh, parts geek nirvana. How can you NOT post pics of full shelves, with that teaser....

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Yeah, that has been a Loooooooooong time coming. Doxon's parts/service departments were never up to snuff. Mark, remember to take some pics of the place tomorrow.

·
Miserable
702 Posts
Got wheels? .. :ss_bling:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok...as promised Mikey...sorry it took me all week to get around to remembering to do it.

Upstairs bulk shelving

We hung a lot of parts in the old store because we didn't have any shelving larger than 12 inches deep. Now all we hang is accessory drive belts (they are natural hangers)

High density storage drawers are the cat's meow!

This is why...

Our retail parts area still needs a lot of attention...

Customer waiting area pics...definitely a nice place to wait for service work if needed

And one last look from the front of the parts department...looking toward the back door (man door and 12 ft roll up for receiving)

We started retail and wholesale parts sales Thursday. It's now a full operation...but as you can tell by the stuff on the floor...it's a work in process. It'll probably take a month or more to get it to where we want it, but at least we can function now. My employees deserve all the credit...they took my vision and made it a reality! Great job guys!

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
I told the non-PSTOC meet folks about it last night (cough, everyone at the import meet was PSTOC-ish). I'll mention your new digs tomorrow to at 5-mile drive

1 - 12 of 12 Posts