Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a 271.8whp (317.6bhp) and 268.2 lbft at the wheels (311.1 lbft crank) at 11PSI.

I am happy as a clam. You can check my website for the dyno sheets. It has a lean spot in it that I was unable to correct due to the ECU overriding the SAFC because of readings it was getting from the O2 sensor. Nothing I can do about that without a stand alone I guess.

:gotrice:

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Is that on a 5MGTE :? (seeing sig) If it is AWSOME :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
damn man dats real good.....shoot for 14psi and tell us what you get...ne ways great job

charlie

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
CRF_Rider said:
I ran a 271.8whp (317.6bhp) and 268.2 lbft at the wheels (311.1 lbft crank) at 11PSI.

I am happy as a clam. You can check my website for the dyno sheets. It has a lean spot in it that I was unable to correct due to the ECU overriding the SAFC because of readings it was getting from the O2 sensor. Nothing I can do about that without a stand alone I guess.

:gotrice:
Holy crap!!! :shock: Ok...I think I need to sit down and have a serious convo with Aaron Garney about the turbo mod. I think it's time for a 5MGTE - congratulations...nice, nice numbers!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
:eek2: Thats amazing. That makes me think of the possibilites with a 6M.. Very Nice Numbers...

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
For many moons, we never thought this kind of power was possible with the stock ECU + injectors/afc. Can you give us some more info here? This is truly awesome :)

Bone stock CT26 also?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep. Bone stock USED CT26. My boost gauge has 4 settings (Blitz Spec S). The settings work in % of capable output of turbo. 0 is stock, 100 is wastegate never opens. 11PSI is only 35%!!! So I could be pusing alot more. AND that run was with only 5 minutes of cool down time.

I am running the stock ECU and AFM. The afm is tightened 12 teeth and the SAFC is all over the place. It is adjusting from -45% to +20%. The FMU boosts fuel pressure to 60psi when spooled (That made a HUGE improvement).

As for the lean spot in the chart... I believe that the stock ECU is trying to adjust the mixture back to stoich (or however you spell it) from readings it is getting form the O2 sensor. I could not tune that out.

I have not had a chance to get into bost on the road (rush hour SUX!!!). I will be taking it it out at lunch for a couple 11psi runs. I will be keeping the bost between 6-9 for daily driving though. I dont want to kill the damn thing.

The whole thing about this engine is the Dyno guy wanted me to keep turning it up. I am getting NO detonation OR pinging whatsoever. I told him I am not comfortable running over 11. I am running Chevron 92 and my plugs are bosh super (cheap coppers) gapped at 32 (I will be dropping them to 30 next oil change). I have Mobil 1 in the engine and redline in the tranny and gearbox.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mark those are awesome numbers! Something to e pretty proud of. Since you are sorta coming close to a barrier (wether it be pretend or not) it would be relly cool if you could measure things such as injector duty cycle (wanna see what the 295's can do), intake temps and what not. What is your cartech set at with the vacuum line off at idle? Do you have a dyno sheet with a/f cure we could look at? THanks Mark,

Austin

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I like the video too....very cool. Car sounds great - and those dyno numbers are making me drool big time.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Outstanding job, Mark :!: Definitely inspiration to keep working on my project. No clutch slippage at 11 psi...right?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, all seems good. I am still waiting for the right chance to do a full drag launch. I dont want to do it in a populated area. If I pull up next to a stang at a light I might have to do it though.

:toilet:

I honestly dont think I am going to have any issues with it even launching at 3K.

·
Registered
62 Posts
CRF,
Those are some bad ass numbers. I can only drool over them at this point in time. Hope to get the kit from Aaron here in the future. Of course I need to start bringing in money from my website first.

www.bscustom.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts