Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the look of the new forum, but this thing is also a terrible mess and the layout needs a lot of work.

Who's ever in charge of this thing you should consider the audience you're keeping here and our age group; most of us are older and enjoy things that are laid out in a very organized and simplistic way. This new forum looks nice but the layout is bad.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
Layout of what? The interface or organization of the folders/sections? The former is part of the software and I think we have little control over. And I wouldn't call it poorly organized, moreso its different and it does take a little while to get used to the new locations of everything and new names for things, but overall it is dramatically better then the old software.

As for the latter, the sections are the same as the old board.

Do you have any specific suggestions? There is a thread covering how the new software works and you can leave suggestions you have there.

·
Founding Member
6,332 Posts
And I wouldn't call it poorly organized, moreso its different and it does take a little while to get used to the new locations of everything and new names for things, but overall it is dramatically better then the old software.
Its not nearly as bad as what Microsoft does to Windows every other version. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
Confusing ,at first.

Alerts: replies to a thread that you follow.(+)
Conversations: PM's.
NEW:Recent posts,within that,popular posts.

Bottom line:This is way better!;)

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
Its not nearly as bad as what Microsoft does to Windows every other version. ;)
Used to! Have you noticed how long Windows 10 has been around? They gave up on putting out entirely new versions awhile back and instead do like 2 major updates a year, slowly evolving the tech and interface.

·
Founding Member
6,332 Posts
My employer always stays a few years behind because of compatibility with industry-specific softwares, letting others be the guinea pigs with new technology. So no, we only got Windows 10 last summer and probably only been security updates since as it doesn't seem to have changed any since then. My personal laptop is still on version 7. When it dies, I'll be forced to learn whatever comes on the new one.

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
You wouldn't notice most of the changes if you weren't paying attention. You don't really get a choice about the updates, they really need everyone on the latest version to keep it secure.

·
Premium Member
5,781 Posts
IF you are on Windows SEVEN,do not allow the invasive update:KB 971033!!!!!! Simply block that crap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts