Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody. new guy here, but not new to the celica supras.

my first 2 cars were both '79 supras. the first one i owned 3 times before the ex-wife convinced me to junk it. grrr. that's the worst part of the whole divorce thing for me. good ridance to her, but damnit i can never get that car back now.

it was a silver with black sides car. i think that was only a '79 paint scheme. i've seen '80s and '81s that were black with silver sides, but never another like mine.

here's a pic from the day i left for boot camp in 1992.

right now i am supra-less, but i hope to rectify that problem soon.

i'd like to get another mk1 and am looking at the white '79 on ebay right now. if that doesn't work out then i'm planning on a mk2 that i can go crazy with.

cheers everyone.

ian

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that waqs back before the import scene really started booming. all i could find after market for the mk1 was a set of hooker headers (which really woke up the 4m-e) and i coupled them to the sidepipes.

i grew up listening to my dad's hot rod stories from the 50's and 60's and HAD to build my own hot rod, however i wanted to do it with a toyota. back then there wasn't much i could afford, but now i have money and a whole wealth of knowledge via the interwebz.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That was a good looking car, love the pipes. Saw the 81 ebay. There all over here for sale pretty regular. The Toyota Service Manuals are not on line but i have them for my 81 if ya need any info.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome to C.S.com great car goodluck on the search

The people here will help in any way possible to keep toys on the road:)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like i am no longer supra-less. i won the auction for the '79 in PA on ebay last night.

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
Hi Folks ,
This is Jeyruse, I have finished my studies this
year itself. I am staying in Sydney. Glad to introduce myself
in this site. And pleased to meet all the other members
of this site.
you should make your own introductory thread and not post in others. :eekfacepalm:

looks like i am no longer supra-less. i won the auction for the '79 in PA on ebay last night.
welcome and good luck with the MK1!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. i am excited as hell. i haven't had a supra for about 7 or 8 years now. when i went to look at it and i got in, it smelled exactly the same as my old silver and gray mk1.

wow! what memories i had with that thing. i originally bought it for $350 and then spent a year and every dime i earned making it road worthy.

this one looks like it just needs regular maintenance stuff and possibly a head gasket. i should be able to make it to my standards for just a couple hundred bucks.

you all will be seeing a lot of me around here now.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Where in Westminster are you? I'm not too far...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i live in the greens over by westminster elementary. where you at?

do you know mike with the mk3 supra and the mk1 mr2's?

you're not the dude with the mkii on stone chapel rd. are you?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
No, I'm down closer to Reisterstown but I know where that is...

I don't know Mike but I have some buddies in Finksburg with a bunch of mk2/3/4's

You ever go up to Eisenhower (Hanover, PA) to hang out?

I can hit you up next time we go if u wanna come.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah that sounds cool. if i don't have the supra ready, i can break out the cosworth to bring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts