Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 1993 Terra Cotta and Black P-type with 118K miles. The car is cherry for the most part but needs a paint job which is coming next week. It has been in the family since new in mine since 92. I have maintained it religiously and every thing works. I ran into this forum while searching for parts that I could not find in the area. The car got stolen from where I work around Thanksgiving. I got it back the next day but without some parts of course. They took my brand new set of tires, one rim, hub caps, custom stereo, RR Mud Guard and fuel filler neck.:32: They broke the right door handle and ignition lock as well. The insurance is covering pretty much everything but some parts are tough to find but it looks as though this is the place to come. I love the car and will do almost anything to keep it pristine. I had no idea how much these cars were valued until I came here. I am not a racer and I really baby it but I take pride in keeping it nice as long as possible. I plan to pass it down to my son in the next year or so.

Thanks to those I've PM'd and are helping with parts so far. I am new to the trading part on the forum but you all seem to be an upstanding bunch. In reading what other have done I may get inspired to do more to the car.

I will post pics of it once the paint is done and I get the new stereo in.

·
Registered
434 Posts
i didnt know 93 sup's came as p-types. welcome though. just teasing btw.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Welcome to C.S.com goodluck on the search glad you got her back:)

Any and all parts to restore these cars is here if you will help us to help you two keep these cars alive!!!!:) have parts from my track cars interior if you need something just ask here your new bigass disfunctional family:)mss cant have just 1

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome. Glad to hear you got her back...even with missing parts its still better than no car at all. Good luck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Misstype

Sorry about the miss type.:eekfacepalm: It is an 83 and Torrance is in what we call the South Bay near the P. Ocean Southwest of Los Angeles.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Missing Parts

Well so far I got the Rim, Hub Caps, New door handle, Ignition lock, and tires. I am still waiting for the Filler neck but Whitey408 out of Houston is sending me one and for now I have a piece of exhaust pipe clamped in so I can drive it without spilling gas. The Stereo head (Pioneer DEH-P510ub) is on order as well as the Bazooka Bass tube. I got my used Alpine amp (1 stolen out of two) yesterday. Still looking for a rubber radio bezel with all the tabs (Broken while taking the head unit), got one for a Celica but it is plastic (I didn't know until it arrived). Also looking for a replacement Mud Guard for the right rear. Another user says he's got a set so maybe he will come through. So slowly but surely it is getting made whole.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a decent radio trim bezel with tabs intact.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
You're my neighbor. I'm in San Pedro. The Pick Your Parts in Wilmington (2 locations) have Supras and Celicas consantly, and great prices too. You should go on 1/2 price days. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Welcome, its good to see more socal members joining up

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well hello neighboor

Thanks for the info on the Pick your Parts.:thumbsup: I will look them up and check it out if I need anything else. If you see any 83 Mud Guards let me know.

·
Boost-a-holic
2,560 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'm in Simi Valley. Glad you're finding your replacement parts!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the Welcome

I never knew there were so many Supra lovers. I hardly ever see them around here. Malibyte, You have a couple nice ones I see. I am starting to get inspired to take mine to another level. My favorite mechanics shop here in the Southbay groans whenever I bring mine in. They are excellent techs but definitely don't hold the same reverence for this vintage. I was beginning to lose hope. I used to do a lot more of my own work but have gotten lazy with age and a general lack of time.

It would be fun to hook up with others but most of you are probably a lot younger than I.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts