Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i dont know why, but i have never visited these boards. I know its not a supra, but its got the same soul. My name is Ian and i own a 1986 Cressida. Im 17 and live in Jacksonville Florida. It used to have ultra rare KG/MM DR21 SS springs on it(going back on tomorrow) and i have a set of 15x7 Watanabe RS-8 wheels being repaired right now. I used to have an HKS exhaust but is for sale. The car has 90k original miles on it. I will get you guys new pics once i get the wheels back and all. I always change my mind, so i never know what im going to do with the car. Right now im debating wether to replace the valve stem seals on my 5MGE swap in a 5spd and turbo it, swap a 6MGE and 5spd and turbo it, or swap a 7MGTE with the R154 5spd. Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi.

http://photos.yahoo.com/cressidagte Here are some pics, for the most recent go to For Sale. For pics with it lowered and the wats go to the Lower folder. No its not for sale anymore, i changed my mind.

Ian K

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
welcome to the forums

the car looks pimp, a 5 speed and turbo in that thing would be about all the mods id do :)

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Very nice car. I always wanted to have one of those and put a 6m or turbo it. I've always liked those and the ones after that body style also.

D

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum, what part of Jax do live in??? I'm in Arlington, I have a 85 MKII Mid night blue with 113K. Look forward to chatting some time. :D

·
Founding Member
6,434 Posts
What was the first year for the Cressida? I saw today what appeared to be a MINT Cressida that looked to be an earlier body style than any I'd remembered ever seeing before. Aside from having dark tinted windows it looked like it had just rolled off the showroom floor. It was silver and had steel wheels with chrome trim rings. Because of the very 70s style and excellent condition, it really stood out in traffic. Props to the guy driving that one!!!

Phil D.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Swet,more inpration for my 88 Cressida.

Phil,the earliest actuall Cressida was 78.Single round headlights even.I'd really like to find a clean 78 SW :twisted: I have dreams "nightmares ? " of building one :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dbsupraman85 said:
Welcome to the forum, what part of Jax do live in??? I'm in Arlington, I have a 85 MKII Mid night blue with 113K. Look forward to chatting some time. :D
Hey man, i live over on Fleming Island in Orange Park. Ever over on my part of town? well have to meet up sometime, i have loads of things i would love to compare on the Cressida and MK2, mostly fitment stuff. shot me an e-mail. We can meet up sometime and hang out. [email protected]

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I have made up my mind and after i get my check from the tire shop for my wheel repairs(they screwed the wheels up so they are paying for all repairs, thats why i dont have the wats) i will be ordering a low mileage 6MGE and droping it in. It will still most probably be an auto, but i might wait a lil while so i can just do the 5spd and 6MGE swap all at the same time. Eventually i will be adding a T3/T4 hybrid turbo with a spearco front mount, i will run low boost for a while till i can get the basics of the motor built up enough for some higher boost levels. Anyone aware of MK3 rear LSD measurments? Thanks

Ian K

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Phil,

Yep, 78 was the first year of the MX Cressida's. Came w/ the 4M carby motor. Not sure when they finally switched over to EFI.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I would love to find a set of wheels like that for the Repra. I really prefer the old school wheels on that car.

D

·
0 Posts
I believe the 79 Cressida was the first to have EFI. It was a 4ME same as the 79 Supra. The 81 Cressida and Supra both had 5ME with EFI.
Dick B.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ian. :rockon: I think Cressidas are cool cars. If I had one I'd put a 7M-GTE in there and rip on all the ricers out there!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts