Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

New guy learning about Supras

2K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Kevin Kisseberth 
#1 ·
I am toysup's father. Toysup and his girlfriend were killed on my birthday in April while stopped at a traffic light. A drunk illegal alien trying to avoid getting pulled over slammed his truck into the rear of the '83 Supra that toysup had restored, killing the two kids instantly. The Supra was shortened by the impact by about 3 or 4 feet, rupturing the full fuel tank, and burning the bodies beyond recognition (the police investigation put the impact at a minimum of 62-67 mph). The illegal survived with bruises and is now in jail awaiting trial for two murder charges.

Meanwhile, toysup and I had bought a blue and gray '85 Supra body for restoration the week before he was killed. He was also part way through rebuilding a 7M-GE for the project. 4 days before he was killed, he received a full scholarship to study mechanical engineering at UAH. In tribute to my son and his girlfriend, I am now working on completing the '85 restoration for him. I have ported and polished the head and will soon have the head back on the block. A friend has been reinstalling the dash for me, and another will do the repainting (the body is in good shape, the paint is faded). I hope to gain some more Supra knowledge through this site. Also, if anyone has a lower dash panel for the driver's side, I sure could use one of those, too.

#3 ·
Very sad story to say the least. Im glad your doing this in his honor. There is plenty of information here for you to find.

Btw, dont be surprised if you get addicted to the supra, theyre like a drug!

#5 ·
Anything you need, feel free to ask. I have a stack of parts I'm willing to donate to the cause as well, and any questions you have, feel free to ask and we will do our best to answer it. I'm sorry for your loss and hope your family is doing ok with it.

#8 ·
Wow. I remember the whole story when that happened, and was just shocked and mortified. You have my heartfelt sympathy, and I'm sure the rest of the members here feel the same way. Something that random could happen to ANY of us at any time, and makes it all the more tragic that it happened to your son and his girlfriend. Your courage and ambition to move on and build a Supra in their honor is greatly admired, and I'm sure any of us will help out in whatever way we can. Please accept a big, warm WELCOME to our community! :)

#9 ·
I'm very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine losing a child. It's great that you're doing this in their honor. This site has been very helpful, it's a great community. Good luck with the restoration.

#10 ·
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You'll have my support and parts, ( if I have 'em on hand), for your project :) I know having a great goal like yours can be very helpful. Keep up your hard work. Lots of great help, info and best of all friendly folk on this site.

#14 ·
It says a lot about your character and strength that you would continue the project after your loss...as you build it I'm sure it will be an encouragement to celebrate his life and the time you were given with him to share. I'm sure it will help you get through it to have the SUPRA help you stay connected in spirit... my heart & prayers also go out to you as you continue on in his honor.

I will be glad to help anyway I can-thanks for sharing your story.

-Maniac

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.