Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my MkII for about 2 years now. I want to restore her and add some power to her. Im thinkin of a 6mge or a 7mgte. I plan on saving about $4000 to do all the mods and body work. Any suggestions will be a great help

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
hummm... i would start out with body, suspension, breaking, then power

remember Power is nothing with out controll :wink:

Thats just my opinion. Its your car do what you like 8)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Depending on how bad yo cars body is id go with breaking suspension then power, body last. All go, no looks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay with those comments, what is the best route for some after market break up grades and suspension? I have searched around for suspension and came up with eibach but im not sure where else i can look. as for break up grades i couldnt really find n e thing. thanks a lot guys your comments will be a great help.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bonerdude said:
okay with those comments, what is the best route for some after market break up grades and suspension?
Here is what is being put on my supra as we speak:

Eibach's
KYB's
Addco's (Front and Rear)
Cusco (rear brace)
Energy Suspension PU bushings (various places)

Brembo Replacement rotors (front and rear)
Steel Braided Brake lines (www.techna-fit.com IIRC. Toy-1340)
Toyota Caliper Rebuild Kit (front and rear)
New brake fluid
Sumitomo HTR4's all around

As soon as I get my supra back from the shop, it will be a completely different car. Therefore, I won't be able to tell you what aftermarket part makes what specific difference. However, I'll post up and share my comments after driving it.

Engine Choice: I decided to go with the 6mge motor and am not disappointed at all. But, it really depends on what you want it to do with your supra. Keep in mind that a 6mge is decent, but a 7mgte in a MKII will keep up with most of the faster cars out there. A 7mgte with mods in a MKII will literally punish other vehicles. :twisted: -Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts