Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm new here and I've been browsing around to see if I could find a thread that could help me. I recently bought a 86 Celica but its come with a few odd quirks. One of them is this. There is this cable that's near the pedal that runs into the engine bay and connects to this valve this. On it there are two tubes. One goes to the side of my engine and the other goes into the car. I've been told this is part of my ac system. If someone is wrong with it that would explain why my ac blows hot no matter what. I was wondering if you guys can tell me where that cable get hooked up so I can put it back and maybe get to work on fixing the ac. Thanks in advance.

-Glenn

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,372 Posts
RealGG confirm which Celica you own? It looks like a 1986 Celica FWD?

IF so this forums is mainly for 1982-1986 Celica Supra...Glad to have ya here but not too many of us own the Celica FWD...I did but that was a long time ago...

·
Super Moderator
8,671 Posts
It probably runs to the climate control behind the dash. If you take off the center console and the climate control box out there should be a bunch of cables going to blend doors under the dash., Looks like some kind of manual coolant valve. If you manual move the valve you can probably shut the heat off temporarily.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
314 Posts
Cable controls heater valve in engine compartment. Controls how much heat goes into cabin. Cabin-end of that cable should connect to one of climate controls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RealGG confirm which Celica you own? It looks like a 1986 Celica FWD?

IF so this forums is mainly for 1982-1986 Celica Supra...Glad to have ya here but not too many of us own the Celica FWD...I did but that was a long time ago...
It is the FWD version. I didn't realize until after I posted that there is a car called Celica Supra instead of just Celica lmao.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts