Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I purchased an '83 L-Type way back in 1985. I absolutely loved that car. I stopped driving her around 2001 due to some mechanical issues and put her in a small barn on my property. Around 2005, I made an attempt to resurrect her and drove her for about a month before she started having some fuel delivery issues, so I put her back into the barn. After a couple of months had passed, I had her towed over to a local mechanic. He was very busy and told me that he didn't really have time, but would try to get to it when he could. I called him several times and got the same story...that he hadn't been able to get to it yet. During this time, I was starting a new job and moving to a new city. I was very busy for two or three months. I rode by his shop one day when I was passing through and saw that my baby was still sitting in the same place that it had been for the previous few months and said to myself that I just needed to get her towed up to my new home. Unfortunately I didn't follow through with that for several more months. I finally decided on a Saturday to drive down and make some arrangements to get the car to my new home. When I turned onto the street where the shop was located, the first thing that I noticed was that my Supra was gone. When I pulled up in the drive, I was horrified to see that he had closed his business. I was later told that he had died and the owner of the property just had everything not claimed after 30 days taken to a salvage yard somewhere. I never could find out what happened to my beloved little Supra.

Anyway, I really hope that I can find a decent one to restore and am looking forward to spending a good bit of time on this forum. One of the first things that I would like to ask is where do you guys find parts. I've been searching online and there seems to be an abundance of parts suppliers for the mk IIIs, but none for the Generation 2 cars.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
What are you looking for?

L-type or P-type?
Auto or 5-speed?
82/83 style or 84+?
Any color preference?

I know where a few are that can be bought reasonably.

Parts - try www.rockauto.com or post in the "wanted" section here :)

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
i will sell my car in a few months, i rebuild the engine a couple months ago , put new clutch, etc, i have receipts to probe that, is not ready for sell now, i have to put all the a/c system back (everything is new, compressor, condenser, dryer, evaporator, etc), if u are interesting to buy one in a few months let me know, the only thing it will need is a decent paint job. pm me for details, and good luck with that they are so many cars for sale just check:

http://forums.celicasupra.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

oh my car is an 84 with 125K on the body and 2k on the engine.

·
Registered
471 Posts
like kdsii said rockauto.com

and 90% of your parts will be bought from members on here.. (fair prices for condition of parts)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'm in Georgia. Junkyard has 1 complete champagne L-type there. '82 with half of the red interior. 5 speed, bad motor. More than a project. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
Welcome, I hope you find a decent mkii soon.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Man that's a sad story. Where did you take the car for repairs? Ooo and welcome to forum

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
You might be better off being patient and buying one of those that surface from time to time that don't need restoring. They tend to get written up on this board when they show up on Craigslist or ebay. You are lucky if you have a preference for L-Types, as they are probably a little cheaper.

·
Registered
472 Posts
welcome to the forum. sorry about your supra. but if you're serious about finding one, then you've definitely come to the right place.

might i ask where in georgia you live? i am in columbus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts