Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im no Photshop wizard, but I think it looks pretty cool. Its on the index too. :usa :mrgreen:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I agree with Norbie. Although it is well done I thought that the group was world-wide? Last I checked there are plenty of members in Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. (If I've missed anyone, sorry!)

Don't want to be an arsehole or anything, but it doesn't go down that well with me at least. It smacks of a certain USA stereotype we have over here, which I won't mention because I've not yet come across anyone in the group that I can assocate with it.

Dave

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think Mike is just trying to do his part to show support to his country and troops. I can say with some certainty thathe's not doing it to be a "cowboy" or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I guess I don't see the problem with it.
The group is an international one, but based in the U.S.

Additionally, I'm not sure how a flag shows anything but patriotism... ? It's not like it's the flag of Dixie or anything...

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Dave/Norbie,

What actually made me do that, was to send a message to a US mk2 owner, who was recently deployed to the middle east. I received an email from him, where he actually made a comment about the forum. I thought that was really cool, since in the few minutes of internet access that he had, he came to cs.com. Funny thing: he couldnt register due to stupid session errors haha. (still working on solution) I put that US flag on the site to make HIM feel bettter, not you, or I.

I did not see the need to state that when I posted the image originally, but now I need to justify my actions to my non US friends. Im not for or against the war per se, its a lot more complex than that. However I want the best for the troops deployed there, especially the ones who read cs.com. Just so happens he is from the US, I am from the US, this site is hosted in the US, the very large majority of people contributed to the site are from the US, and the LARGE majority of the troops at war ware from the US. I am hardly ignoring the British, Australian, Jordanain and other troops.

Please note, I want your feedback, as it does matter to me.

·
Registered
914 Posts
I'm not offended by the logo, I like it :D . I'm not offended that you're patriotic :usa and that you support the troops. I sometimes think that we don't have enough national pride over here. After American troops shot down a British Tornado yesterday :cry: , not everyone in Britain loves the Americans, but at least we all hate the French :2gunfire:

Graham
UK
83 Supra, gently rusting away

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
Now, the forum image is allright with me.

What I think really needs explination is your avatar. What is this? A kick in the metaphorical CelicaSupra pants by association with a lesser vehicle? If I am correct, you even went so far as to replace a photograph of your ultrasexy rims. I'm outraged... :D

*gets mad*
*goes out and drifts car*
*feels better*

--BillyM

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Patriot missile incident with the Brit jet is just terrible :( War is a scary and unpredictable place unfortunately.

HOT: I knew you would love that ;) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Malloy said:
The Patriot missile incident with the Brit jet is just terrible :( War is a scary and unpredictable place unfortunately.
I agree. Prior to yesterday we (everyone taking part on the US/British/Australian side) lost more people to friendly-fire and accidents than to the Iraqis. :(

I hope we can make additional progress without similar situations occuring. I know it's a pipe dream, but nonetheless...

Nothing but love for all of the troops fighting -- I wish them the best. :usa
I hope that some day in the near future the Iraqi people can have the same freedoms that the rest of the free world enjoys due to their efforts.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Not to get too far off topic, but if anyone else saw the interview with the four Iraqi women who escaped after the Persian Gulf War and came to the U.S., what you say Chris, is too true. The way women are treated by the government and military over there is disgusting :mad:

Suggestion, can you get the logo to rotate flags with the UK, Aust and others associate with the conflict? By the way, this is a JAPANESE car we are all talking about here.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Malloy said:
Im no Photshop wizard, but I think it looks pretty cool. Its on the index too. :usa :mrgreen:
Looks good bro - nice work. And by the way, it's ok for us to be patriotic considering what's going on in the world right now.

To our non-American site members; please don't be offended by this. Yes, this is an International Mk2 Supra forum - but considering the state of affairs right now...perhaps we can let this slide? :puppydog:

Say a prayer for our troops, for the POWs, and for those who were executed by the Iraqi military - and their families. God I hope this conflict is over soon.

Take care everyone.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Mike,

Although I'm not sure that I agree with the change(but it's not *that* important, as long as it's temporary there will be no arguement from me), I can certainly see where you are coming from and agree 100%. But perhaps a text message would perhaps be more appropriate?

My $0.02

PS Wishing a speedy end to the conflict and the safe return of *everyone* involved

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
imo, he can keep it up as long as he wants. its his board... until we have a board of investors or something similar and recieve a majority vote, he could (thought i doubt he would) leave it up indefinately.

i peronally would like to see some boobies up there next, i'm a big big fan of boobies. =)

--BillyM

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good deal. 8)

ma61_turbo said:
Mike,
Although I'm not sure that I agree with the change(but it's not *that* important, as long as it's temporary there will be no arguement from me), I can certainly see where you are coming from and agree 100%. But perhaps a text message would perhaps be more appropriate?
My $0.02
PS Wishing a speedy end to the conflict and the safe return of *everyone* involved

·
Registered
66 Posts
Mike,

I left a comment in the 'Sticky' post regarding cs stickers, but will repeat here as I'm serious in getting these stickers on my car. What is the possibility of getting these run out?

Great Site.

Rol
82p-6m

1 - 20 of 28 Posts