Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there. i am new to this whole supra thing. only have had civics prior to my mk2. i am currently trying to restore it and planning to go 7mgte. and i love this site. so much info for new-comers like myself. thnx to all the people makin all this happen. here are some pics of my car.

here she is waiting to get picked up

at my house

and thats how she is right now. getting worked on

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Nice.. welcome to the site. So what are you working on the car?

My guess people will give you a hard time with your rims (not matching and bad off set). It looks like it has a pretty good dash and hopefully interior?

·
I like Boost
3,725 Posts
welcome sir! please say the wheels are not true :32:

they make baby Jesus cry as Tanya would say :sadbanana:

banana is sad.

This site will have every answer you could ever want for info, you just gotta know how to look for it, You will enjoy your time here ;)

·
Founding Member
6,525 Posts
Nice.. welcome to the site. So what are you working on the car?

My guess people will give you a hard time with your rims (not matching and bad off set). It looks like it has a pretty good dash and hopefully interior?
Well, lets not jump to conclusions. From the picture story, sounds like you bought it just like it sits and are now starting to make needed repairs, mabe correcting mistakes of the previous owner. And from the looks of it, getting pretty serious. Good luck with it. Interesting graphics tho. You plan on keeping the graphics?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i bought the car with those rims. and yes i know theyre not right on the car. as of now i am fixing many problems with it that the previous owner caused. for example the wiring harness for the power windows, locks, etc. was cut off. cut all the connectors and all. dont ask me why. the battery was relocated to the back but with a shity ghetto job. wires passing through the dash and yeah its bad. other than that it runs great. i am now working on a completer restore. i am tearing it down completely and working from the ground up. the interior is great nothing missin, no tears or nothing, just some normal ware. i want to go turbo but dont know if the 7mgte or making my 5m turbo will work out for me better. getting into that later on. im a college student currently jobless which will make the build slow as of now but i am determined. my first project too.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good luck with the project!

Great to see someone who cares about what they are doing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thnx bro. like i always say if you are gonna do something do it the right way or dont even get into it at all! =)

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Welcome to the site! I like the car. The graphics are pretty cool. You're almost deep enough in the project to get addicted. Warning, you can't escape, haha. Once again, Welcome.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
welcome. ive got some spare parts if you ever need it.... im not too far away either :thumbsup:

·
Registered
434 Posts
I remember seeing this car on craigslist. Welcome to the forum man there's tons of help on here. search is your bestfriend.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah it was me trying to sell it but i quickly figured out that i loved the car and i wanted it for a project.lol

and yes celica fanatic, i am addicted lol all i look forward to is getting my hands dirty workin on her.

85midnightsupra what kinds of parts do you have?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome! Pretty clean looking MkII for Chicago. Must've been garaged. welcome!

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes it was. the previous owner told the that he bought off an old guy that had it stored for 7 years.

and oh ok 85midnightsupra would you send me pm with a list of something u have bro?
thnx

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thnx man. wat would be easier and cheaper a 5mgte or a 7mgte? im un-employed so im looking for my best options

1 - 18 of 18 Posts