Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
MKII Salvaged from my dads barn after 2 years, fixing up with my daughter for her first car!
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall! My daughter and I are in the process of fixing up my fathers old 1985 that had been sitting in a barn for 2 years. This particular Supra I actually bought for my dad in '07/'08 when I was living in Atlanta, it was super clean and made the 5th MKII we've owned. Unfortunately he did not keep up with it as I had hoped and it is needing some TLC and replacement of items due to dry-rot and lack of maintenance.

In high school my brother drove a white '82 after my dad upgraded to a silver '84, I had one of the pumpkin orange (cant remember if it was an '82 or '83) for about a year until I got smoked by a pizza delivery driver. I have always loved the lines on the car and they are too fun to drive, and it is way too cool for my daughters first car but she loves it already.

So far we tackled the interior and are currently addressing some mechanical issues with a shop here in town that has a fellow MKII fan inhouse. Will post progress pics and also look for help sourcing a few things and some upgrades as we move along.

Cheers,
Scott aka "Husky"
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Cloud Sky

·
Super Moderator
7,833 Posts
With this background on MK2's, you'll have it running good it no time!
👍
Welcome.

P. S. That orangeish color is Terra Cotta, and was 82-83 only.

Reactions: AJ

·
Founding Member
6,725 Posts
I had one of the pumpkin orange (cant remember if it was an '82 or '83) for about a year
I believe they called it Terra Cotta. It was kind of iconic. I remember back when Supras were new, it seemed like that was the color that was in most of the advertisements and magazine articles.

it is way too cool for my daughters first car but she loves it already.
Never too cool, but it may just in fact be too old. It'll be fun for back and forth to high school as long as you're there to maintain it and fix it, but I wouldn't send her off to college in it. Just for practicality, dad, you should probably be on the lookout for a late model used Honda in the next two years.

Reactions: AJ

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,651 Posts
Really cool to see so many "young" ppl getting into this "Ol Skool" car ... Even cooler to see quite a few females not only getting into the car... but willing to learn about cars...& get their Hands dirty.

i always made a point anytime I was working on my Sister's car.... to explain what I was doing.. & why I was doing it... so at the very least... she has a better understanding of how things work...

Nvr hurts (either Gender) to become knowledgeable in areas that were previously considered kinda " Gender specific.".

I learned to use a Sewing Machine (after My Mom often didn't have time to fix my Sports stuff... LOL) & it's certainly helped me know when Clothing is well made...

Had NP... repairing a Ripped Seam on my Tux... & doing other Clothing repairs...

Also am seriously considering re-making Centre Console Pad Covers..... Center Console cover is essentially a Rectangle... which is one of the easiest Profile's to sew really..(.A LOT easier than the Suit I made... when I was like 14... ...) & I consider following a Fabric Pattern line on a Sewing Machine...... as not much different... than cutting a Line in metal... with a Recip Saw... or following a Line on wood... with a Saw of some kind...

K I'm Rambling... so I'm gonna stop here, LOL

Cheers,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts