Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm new here (but I am a seasoned adult). In 1987, I bought a 1983 Supra P-Type (Red 5-Speed with a sunroof) and owned it for several years before selling it. It was in very good condition when I purchased it (47K Miles) and I put almost 100K more on it! It was my baby, so I kept it in very good condition. I enjoyed it very much and only sold it because i had 5 Muscle Cars at the time and I was not driving it that much because one person can only drive so many cars at once. Last year, I found a nice Dark Blue 83 P-Type Supra and bought it. I enjoy driving it, but a few months later I also found a 82 P-Type Supra that is in fantastic original condition and I had to have that one also!!! Well, as most of you married guys know, I can only maintain my stature as a good husband for so long and unfortunately, one of the cars will have to be sold. I hope to learn from the long time members here although my cars do not need very much work, it always comes in handy to learn new things.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Welcome, even if we already rrad some of your posts in other thrrads.
You seems to be very addicted to cars..!
I'm wondering if you have a garage spot for all of them?

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
Welcome. Space is my problem. I can squeeze six indoors, but that leaves no room to work, so I've been at five for the last ten years or so. But spouses can be an issue too. I was recently ready to move on to something else and always have to sell one car to make room for another. I had an offer on one car from another local club member, but his wife piped up and told him that he'd have to sell two of his cars before he could buy anything else because he already had 15 cars.

There was a time that I had a seven Supras and that was all I had besides my pickup truck (don't know how anybody can get along without a pickup truck). But eventually I realized that I had a very long wish list of cars and if I was going to have any hope of owning even a tiny fraction of them before I died, then it was counterproductive to have so many of one kind of car. So I sold all but my first Supra (which is a keeper) and then started buying other kinds of cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had just enough room to store my Muscle Cars until I moved to Oregon. When I got here, I realized that the enviornment was so different and my cars could not be stored outside without eventually rusting. (In So. Cal, there is no problem storing vehicles outside.) I then decided to sell them all. I have been without a classic car for too many years that's why I decided to look for a more modern car (Supra) with all the creature comforts. It just feels so good to return to driving one of these machines.

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
The only problem with keeping cars outside in North Texas is that the sun shines 364 1/2 days a year and we tend to have summers with 60 or more days over 100 degrees. All the plastics, rubbers and vinyls go bad quickly and replacements are not available. And eventually the paint goes and they start rusting. Its either keep them inside or watch mother nature slowly reclaim her materials one way or another.

Reactions: drftsupramk2

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
I had just enough room to store my Muscle Cars until I moved to Oregon. When I got here, I realized that the enviornment was so different and my cars could not be stored outside without eventually rusting. (In So. Cal, there is no problem storing vehicles outside.) I then decided to sell them all. I have been without a classic car for too many years that's why I decided to look for a more modern car (Supra) with all the creature comforts. It just feels so good to return to driving one of these machines.
I find this generation CelicaSupra to be in that "goldilocks" range of 'old enough to be instantly recognizable as classic and noteworthy' but also 'new enough that they really knew how to engineer a pleasant driving experience' - a mark that 1970's and 1990's cars often miss.

Looks like a couple of great cars you have there and totally understand your wanting to get back to one to focus on (the idea tempts me often...)

--billyM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts