Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

New member here.

563 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Camsdad66 
#1 ·
Hello to all,
Just recently found out that this forum exists. Snooped a little and seems to be a great bunch of guys (and maybe girls??). Decided to join.
Don't want to bore anyone with my life story, but here's the reason why I'm here.....
Back in 1982, (long time ago).....my buddies dad bought a gorgeous P-Type black Supra. I hadn't seen it yet, but I remember him telling me it was a Toyota Supra, and my thought was like "ok, so it's a Toyota, big deal". I was into 1957 Chevies at the time, and didn't have much interest in newer vehicles. They weren't "cool" enough.....Lol.
Well, needless to say, when i saw his dad's car, i was very impressed! It was truly a sexy car. 5-speed manual, sunroof, black and gray cloth interior, cassette player with equalizer (big deal in '82!).
His dad later started letting my friend drive it, and later still, gave it to him to take to school every day. I have fond memories of us cruising in that car, blasting our favorite tunes, talking about girls, etc.
Since then, always had a soft spot for the MK 2 Supras. Hoping to own one someday soon. Gonna sell some of my toys and put some money aside and keep my eyes open. Looking forward to learning more about these (now very cool) automobiles!
Thanks for having me!:cool:
KC

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome. Its a familiar story. Every little boy falls in love for the first time somewhere between about age 10 and 20, not with a girl, but with a car. Most teenagers can't afford their dream car or if they are so lucky, then it doesn't last and by the time they finish school, they move on to another car. But then always somewhere between age 45 and 75, men get nostalgic. Fortunately, mk2 Supras are now far more affordable for a 50 year old than they were to a 16 year old back then. Its hard to find one that still looks and drives like she did when you were 16, but be patient. They do turn up from time to time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.