Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone i'm new to the board. I've had my 83 p-type for about a month. I was hoping to get it running today, BUT it won't crank. Every time i try to turn the key over, i get a slightly audible click or pop from the starter solenoid, but then my head lights pop up and then's there's nothing. There's no juice to anything. I had just rebuilt the head, and we were messing with the timing. i moved the distributor 180 degrees out, and then 90 degrees out, and that's when it happened. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
search the forum, others have had the same problem. i had that problem to an even worse degree... i got no click. now i have a start button, circumventing the entire ignition system.

soundslike your solenoid is shot in the starter. try pulling it out and cleaning it. there are instructions in other threads on the forum.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Some of the symptoms sound very familiar to me... Do the headlights work but *nothing* else appears to have power (dome light, gauges, windows, etc). If so, then check the main fusible link. This is located in the fuse box behind the battery, on your left if you're facing from the front. There is a skinny pink one and a thicker yellow one. You're after the yellow one. If it's obviously burned and crunchy, then it's bad... If it happens to look normal, check its resistance with a multimeter. You should see 3 to 5 ohms tops. If it's way higher, it's bad. This is the dinky little fuse that all the power in the car runs through (except for the headlights).

They should only run you about $4 from a dealer.

good luck!

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Yep I've fried that wire before...

will

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i appreciate the info. it turns out i fried the the solid black wire that runs off of the positive side of the battary. i'm looking at the wiring schematics right know and i still haven't figured out why the headlights would pop up but not come on. oh well, now i'm having injector or timing problems.i'm glad i only paid 75 dollars for this car, cause it has been a pain in my rear end. Thanks for the feedback, i've been on alot of honda boards lately with my accord, and it seems like now body does their own work to their cars. They all ran at any type of tech question. thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hang in there man, supras are awesome cars and generally very dependable. Once you get it running you will love it; your accord will become your beater. Damn I wish I could find a $75 deal like that.

·
Premium Member
6,122 Posts
Hey-Injector ground wire connects to intake tank-If its Diconnected injectors wont pump-real common :oops: to leave it off during major work-good luck-Stay away from Honda(the dark side)-Mike_

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys. You don't have to worry about the accord it blew up on me.....So either it's time for a hellacious frankenstine h22a/h23 or it just gets put on the back burner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts