Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been around the MKIII since the late 80's and I have owned different MKIII and IV over the years. I have more room for vehicles now so I am eventually going to purchase a MKII to add to my other Supra. Probably going to do a 2JZ-GTE like I did on my old SC300, maybe even a 1.5. The other three cars have are powered by a 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, and a 2JZ-GE.
Cloud Sky Land vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
7,771 Posts
I'd say you prefer Toyota's. 😁

Nice collection you have there! 👍

·
Founding Member
6,699 Posts
Welcome aboard. I see you are already suffering from MSS, but I'm sorry to have to tell you we can offer no real effective treatment. I managed to get down to only one Supra, but all I did was replace Supras with other kinds of cars. In my case, the cure has cost more than the disease. Get well soon. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice collection and have to say you'll find the mk2 a darn good swap candidate (if you can come across a decently priced jz these days, that is...)

Good luck on the search and look forward to the upcoming project.

Cheers,
--billyM
I've spent some time thinking about it the best engine swap for a MK2. The car I ended up with is kind of rice and clapped out with high mileage. I think I think I may look for a 1UZ-FE non-vvti or rebuild the 2JZ-GE from the Supra SZ and use that as a hand me down.

Who is selling a cold start valve? Any with a parts car or junk car they are selling in TN?

·
Registered
13,245 Posts
I don't have any cars left in TN and don't know anyone with spares either, sadly. Just liquidated the last few pieces I left there a couple months back.

As for the 1uz, the VVTI is quite a bump in power/economy and not prohibitively expensive still. Since the mk2 has the extra room in the engine bay, why not go with the vvti?

(Also, where in TN, by the way? Take a look in the Meets section and join us at the Tail in a few months...)

--billyM

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clarksville. I may be there in April. Just depends on where I'm at with maintenance and what car(s) running at the moment.

VVTI vs Non VVTI, I don't think it would make much difference to me. Really boils down to what I can find. I personally like the internals of the Non VVTI and it's supposedly the only one that isn't an interference motor.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts