Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been around the MKIII since the late 80's and I have owned different MKIII and IV over the years. I have more room for vehicles now so I am eventually going to purchase a MKII to add to my other Supra. Probably going to do a 2JZ-GTE like I did on my old SC300, maybe even a 1.5. The other three cars have are powered by a 1JZ-GTE, 2JZ-GTE, and a 2JZ-GE.
Cloud Sky Land vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice collection and have to say you'll find the mk2 a darn good swap candidate (if you can come across a decently priced jz these days, that is...)

Good luck on the search and look forward to the upcoming project.

Cheers,
--billyM
I've spent some time thinking about it the best engine swap for a MK2. The car I ended up with is kind of rice and clapped out with high mileage. I think I think I may look for a 1UZ-FE non-vvti or rebuild the 2JZ-GE from the Supra SZ and use that as a hand me down.

Who is selling a cold start valve? Any with a parts car or junk car they are selling in TN?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Clarksville. I may be there in April. Just depends on where I'm at with maintenance and what car(s) running at the moment.

VVTI vs Non VVTI, I don't think it would make much difference to me. Really boils down to what I can find. I personally like the internals of the Non VVTI and it's supposedly the only one that isn't an interference motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.