Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Now I am getting itchy to sell the white 85 P:eek4dance:

Anyway picked it up last night will be my daily driver.

Car has 335 thousand miles on it ,, Yes 335K LOL!!!!
2 Owners before me. Big bag of reciepts came with the car from both owners.
It has a New top end but I need to address a oil cooler leak and a thermostat issue. Stuck open no heat.

A little negotiation with the seller and $1500 later I own a

1986 MR2

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nice score on the car. Very clean and straight looking.

If you're looking for a cheap chassis upgrade, check this out: The '87 and later MR2s had a few chassis upgrades over the 85's & 86's...previous owner of my '85 installed a factory front strut tower bar from an '87, which didn't come on the '85 & 86. Direct bolt on, you could probably get one at a salvage yard for 5 or 10 bucks. I believe, however, that the '85 and '86 were the only N/A MR2s with a factory rear anti-roll bar, so you're already set there. Sounds crazy, but that be the case!

Going to go look at the thread where you're trying to 'unload' your white Supra now...:naughty:

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dang, looks clean! nice score!

Well T all of the Dodge/ Chrysler stuff is gone. The Van went back on the lease, sold the dodge ram truck and traded the PT Cruiser for a 2010 Tacoma 4 door.

I am all Toyota now!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice score on the car. Very clean and straight looking.

If you're looking for a cheap chassis upgrade, check this out: The '87 and later MR2s had a few chassis upgrades over the 85's & 86's...previous owner of my '85 installed a factory front strut tower bar from an '87, which didn't come on the '85 & 86. Direct bolt on, you could probably get one at a salvage yard for 5 or 10 bucks. I believe, however, that the '85 and '86 were the only N/A MR2s with a factory rear anti-roll bar, so you're already set there. Sounds crazy, but that be the case!

Going to go look at the thread where you're trying to 'unload' your white Supra now...:naughty:
Thanks for helping guide me thru this. I did not mention the car came with a full set of energy bushings in the frunk and a lot of other parts. I even got the factory wheels.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Damn that things clean as hell in and out for that many miles. I guess the plus of a car with that much mileage is everythings probably been replaced by now. Have fun with it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The factory wheels could come in handy if you ever decide to autocross it. It's one of the few old-school cars that will give a NA Mini Cooper all it wants on an autoX course in the stock class, especially if you pony up for some sticky race tires on the stock rims -- which by the way, despite appearances are superlight for factory wheels.

I've AutoX-ed mine a few times and the fact that you can see the pavement about 3 feet away from the driver's seat does wonders for 'car placement.' I spanked all the Porsche 944s running in the stock class in mine and I was a total noob. Of course, I attribute a lot of that to my superior driving skills. :laugh:

Let us know what plans, if any, you have for the car. New paint would do wonders for its appearance (not that it looks bad now), but it might be hard to match that crazy factory metallic blue. Then again, there's something to be said for leaving a DD as-is. I hate to admit it, but I don't even like parking mine where I can't see it. I would hate to get put up on homicide charges if some dumbass banged into it.:iocrunks2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Holy! 335K miles!?! Damn, them's some good little cars! No surprise really when you think of all the Corolla components they were built with. 400k here we come!

Well, as I've said elsewhere, the seats may not be as comfortable as a Supra's, but the material covering them sure as hell lasts longer! Regardless, that one has had some care given to it as the interior on most I've seen with even half as many miles looks like a rat's nest.

·
Registered
472 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
supercharged or not? very nice looking car.... love the interior
not supercharged... goin for the gas mileage plus i dont want to run premium gas in a daily driver. been there done that.

Discoelk-- trade maybe :sarcasm: I love the supra more but it does not get good enough MPG. I was thinking about getting a Cressy but I would have the same issue.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Nice addition, Dennis, especially with your commute to the south side of Atlanta. You have been through quite a few vehicles, and I hope this one doesn't sidetrack you from your other "project."

Also, thanks for the parts and the time you spent with my son and me a few weeks ago. He's installed everything. Worked out great.

Your white 85 is one of the nicest mkII's I've seen in person, body and interior-wise. It would be a steal. (Especially love the magnaflow/ header exhaust note and leather interior).

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice addition, Dennis, especially with your commute to the south side of Atlanta. You have been through quite a few vehicles, and I hope this one doesn't sidetrack you from your other "project."

Also, thanks for the parts and the time you spent with my son and me a few weeks ago. He's installed everything. Worked out great.

Your white 85 is one of the nicest mkII's I've seen in person, body and interior-wise. It would be a steal. (Especially love the magnaflow/ header exhaust note and leather interior).
You and your son are welcome anytime. The MR2 is a daily and it will be fixed up and take time away from the JZ but it will soon be done if I stop finding issues to fix.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts