Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello current members, thanks for sharing your Supra site with me.
I'm excited to talk everything Supra with like minded individuals. I have an all original 1985 Toyota Supra with digital dash (option) and sunroof (option). I have all the original documentation from all previous owners like the original bill of sale and all maintenance and yearly rustproofing documents. Everything works except ...see below.
I am currently shopping for a new factory stereo/cassette player as the cassette player does not work in my car, so if anyone has a working stereo like the one shown in the pictures attached let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Holy Crud!

That thing is gorgeous!
If I see this right, that's 156916 km which is 97503 miles. Nice.

Did you just buy the car, or have you just decided to join the forum now?

I would assume that the front seats need recovering, but unless there is a lot of hidden rust, you've got a real gem.

Other than the cassette player not working, I would suspect that you only have the routine problems, like the gear shift lever being 'slushy.
If that is the case, look at this thread by BillyM

BillyM Shfit Bushing Kit

I'm mentioning this, because even on low mileage original cars, the shifter bushing degrades and literally turns to mush. Over time, the shift quality degrades, but typically so slowly you don't notice it.

Anyways, welcome to the forum.

Dale

Reactions: AJ

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Jaker Hmmm 3rd brake light aka '86 MK2 WOW!!

Is your Vin ending in similar to # 175861 my '86 with a Nov 85 production date...

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Not sure we should welcome you, or hate you!!!
You certainly got lucky finding one that nice to start with. (y)
Found it in Ontario?
For the cassette, in general, it is the tractor heads gear that crack, and the split of the crack is enough to jam the teeth rotating.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure we should welcome you, or hate you!!!
You certainly got lucky finding one that nice to start with. (y)
Found it in Ontario?
For the cassette, in general, it is the tractor heads gear that crack, and the split of the crack is enough to jam the teeth rotating.
Yes found it in Ontario

·
Premium Member
7,938 Posts
Jaker, 170682 should be an Aug 85 production date...I dont think Ive heard of an '86 that early before on the forums...
WOW!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts