Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy new year!
I am noob on this forum. I had a 1980 Celica Supra when I graduated from High school in 1985. I had it for about 2 years and traded it in for a 1981 model. I drove that til 1990 when I scored an ‘89 turbo. In 1995 I wrecked the turbo and bought a 1991 MR2 NA. Today I found what looks to me like an ‘84 or ‘85 sitting in a repair shop. I asked the shop owner, the Supra belongs to a customer. I left my name and number asking to buy her.
here are a few a pictures from outside of the fence. Please be gentle and let me know how much should I offer then owner if it’s for sale. I do not know if it runs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,067 Posts
Reactions: ddd228

·
POTATO
17,294 Posts
Oh yeah that thing most definitely has some sort of back fees. Been sitting for some time. Chassis looks pretty decent though. Welcome to the forum, and good luck

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Happy new year!
I am noob on this forum. I had a 1980 Celica Supra when I graduated from High school in 1985. I had it for about 2 years and traded it in for a 1981 model. I drove that til 1990 when I scored an ‘89 turbo. In 1995 I wrecked the turbo and bought a 1991 MR2 NA. Today I found what looks to me like an ‘84 or ‘85 sitting in a repair shop. I asked the shop owner, the Supra belongs to a customer. I left my name and number asking to buy her.
here are a few a pictures from outside of the fence. Please be gentle and let me know how much should I offer then owner if it’s for sale. I do not know if it runs.
Welcome to the forum and good luck. I see MK2's come up in California all the time, if this isn't the right one then I'm sure you will find the right one if you keep at it. I always find myself trying to make sure I don't miss a great deal but also not pulling the trigger on the wrong car. A few times I've bought a car after looking for months and then a week later something that I really wanted comes up for sale. Welcome to the forum and good luck with this one or whichever mk2 you end up getting.

·
Founding Member
6,461 Posts
It's hard to say how much its worth without more details. Can't tell much but it obviously needs a taillight and most all of the trim. Realize that cosmetic parts are virtually impossible to find. But it doesn't look rusty so that's a plus. It appears to have some slight damage to the left front and I'm guessing it got a cheap respray at some point in its history given the missing hatch decal and the way the paint is failing on the other panels. Sadly, the body repairs and paint job will cost more than its worth when its done, not to mention whatever is wrong that they abandoned it at a repair shop and the interior is probably just as toasty. You'd be upside down even if you could get it for free. But nobody does this because it makes sense. Its just a hobby. Other people waste money on fancy fishing boats and tackle when its far, far cheaper to buy fish at the grocery store, right? Just be sure you go into it knowing you're going to spend a lot of money and its going to take years. But it would be a shame to let it go to a salvage yard.

Reactions: drftsupramk2

·
Tomitoyo
45 Posts
The voice of wisdom spoke ... totally agree, good luck with the dragon, we all know it is a car that has something, and it is worth it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts