Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its about time i get rid of the ugly 4" can the kid before me had installed. Unfortunately after about two days of searching i have come up with nothing that is worth buying.

What iam looking for is a 2.5 inlet with duel 2.5 outlets It has not been easy i have found a few with 3.0 tips but that's to big for my taste.

I have read that alot of people like the magna flows, but i want something that's quite yet still flows good.

id be willing to spend around 130 bucks

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
dont get magnaflow man i had a cannon of a muffler and its a headache so loud and its really annoying it vibrated inside the car so much.

My friend got this DNX muffler that he bought...3 yrs ago, he paid $350 for it
it was ment for his first gen rx7 but then he sold it and gave me the muffler for free,
i was stoked, so i went to the budget and told the guy install this, after thay installed it
i got in the car and OMFG i was clear and crisp and it sounded sooo nice and no vibration in the car. i was pleased

so my advice go DNX or something that is not magnaflow

>>>>>DNX muffler

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
well, $130 wont get you a twin tip magnaflow. it will get you a 2.5" in/out magnaflow(not polished), and you can buy a dual exhaust tip and have it welded.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I put a Magnaflow 14185 on.

They're 2.5 in, dual 3.0 out, polished stainless. I too thought the 3.0 would be too big, but I like it, wasn't an excessive/tuner look at all. Looks and sounds great, to me.

Ordered them from www.magnaflowplanet.com
I did the "request an email coupon" thing, and it turned out to be $160 shipped, a few months ago.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the opinions fellas

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put a Magnaflow 14185 on.

They're 2.5 in, dual 3.0 out, polished stainless. I too thought the 3.0 would be too big, but I like it, wasn't an excessive/tuner look at all. Looks and sounds great, to me.

Ordered them from www.magnaflowplanet.com
I did the "request an email coupon" thing, and it turned out to be $160 shipped, a few months ago.
thanks it looks pretty similar to the Netami i was looking at, but its 3.5 ...:ugh:

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
My twin tip magnaflow catback is for sale.

It has been tested as legal in California and the 2 officers that I have dealt with recently have had nothing negative to say about my exhaust.

It is a Magnaflow 14816. Similar to what was suggested, but 3.5" tips instead of 3" tips.

It is a full catback, msg me if interested. We can work out a swap trade, because I'm selling the car so I'll need your catback to put back on.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
ill throw my 2 cents in too..

I have a glasspack in place of cat and a summit turbo muffler on back...sounds great.

Only difference would be I have a turbo and 3 inch piping and idk what you have.
I still think it would sound great.

Not to mention you can have both shipped to your door for about 50 from summit.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill throw my 2 cents in too..

I have a glasspack in place of cat and a summit turbo muffler on back...sounds great.

Only difference would be I have a turbo and 3 inch piping and idk what you have.
I still think it would sound great.

Not to mention you can have both shipped to your door for about 50 from summit.
I would love to do that, I have 2.5 pipe from the catback since its n/a and iam running the stock cat but i live in CA and dont want any hassle from the man. but i will take a look into summit, my dad buys from them all the time.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah, It was cheap, sounds great and has pretty good performance.

I dont know how loud it will be without the glasspack but I cant imagine its too much of a difference.
well it shouldn't be to loud thanks again.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
My setup has CAT/testpipe, resonator, dual exhaust. You really need the resonator in the middle. Vibrant has a lot of options for 2.5" inlet and they make good quality product. If I am not mistaken, magnaflow has 3" or 2 1/4" inlets. Here is the link http://www.vibrantperformance.com/

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 21 Posts