Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
199 Posts
OH MY GOD!

Looks fun

Im amazed at how much GT4 looks just like that.

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
The C6 Vette record was pretty awesome!!

Kinda reminds me when the TR8 was kickn @ss in the ole Trans Am Series in the late 70s driven by Bob Tullius of Group 44 fame, I saw him lap the entire field in '79 or '80 at Laguna Seca from the pits...this was pre tube frame construction of the modern cars, the end of an era of racing production based cars...

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Not downing the effort, but how is the Radical considered a production car?
I don't know about the rest of Europe, but in the UK these cars are street legal. Being there are common EU rules now it's probably legal for the street in all the EU countries. There don't seem to be minimums for production runs.

Notice the plates.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
SICK!!! Not as much of a production run as the Corvette, and definitely at least 3 spots that made my skin crawl and gave me goose bumps, using the rubmle strips on the side and then some, with the car getting a little squirrelly... but damn... that thing is fucking FAST. Did you notice how fast he went from 50 or so MPH to like 130 after going around the SUPER bumpy REALLY banked share left hander (about 1/3 the way through). Incredible acceleration, as well as an interesting top speed, about 153 up/level and about 165 downhill. Looks like they've got the gear ratio and down force completely figured out though. Amazing!

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
The C6 Vette record was pretty awesome!!

Kinda reminds me when the TR8 was kickn @ss in the ole Trans Am Series in the late 70s driven by Bob Tullius of Group 44 fame, I saw him lap the entire field in '79 or '80 at Laguna Seca from the pits...this was pre tube frame construction of the modern cars, the end of an era of racing production based cars...
I would kill to have been there. Today's Tube Frame NASCRAP takes the fun out. It's NOT a Monte Carlo / Camry / Truck... it's a tube frame with a bunch of race crap added on... it just doesn't seem fair.

Feel free to start a thread sharing your experiences, pictures etc from such a classic era of racing!!

·
Premium Member
8,213 Posts
Rusty, was fortunate that one of my best friends was the crew chief at 19 yrs old, we crewed (77-81) for a local driver Gary Carlen a local legend in Alameda, CA he drove a B-Production then a Super Production '69 Stingray 350 in SCCA then in Trans Am went to a 454, he even drove in some IMSA races. Got to see lots of the west coast races, wildest race was the Trans AM race at GI Joes at Portland when Mt. St Helens was fuming ash everywhere in 1980...

·
Registered
322 Posts
he was good man, top speed turns. someones gonna beat it though. i wonder what the fastest forza 2 time is. prolly mad faster. that guy can drive. best job EVER

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I agree Aaron. Seeing on video and actually driving it are two different things.
When I drove it back in the early 80's for the 1st and only time, it scared the hell out of me, but loved every minute of it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Cool! Was he driving in just shirt sleeves? What’s that gimbal next to the throttle/brake graphs? G indicator?

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
not entirely sure if thats what its called., imagine a ball hanging down from the roof (if he had one), essentially it shows the shifting of the weight. brakeing makes the red dot move forward, accelerating makes it go backwards, right turns make it go left, etc...

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
It's called an Accelerometer, it displays the cornering/braking & acceleration G-forces. They're VERY Very useful to gauge the amount of force being exerted on the vehicle/tires. My guess is that for every ring in that is .5G's, so when the ball hits the second set of rings it would be 1G of lateral force etc. 3rd ring would be 1.5G. Not sure have no idea the amount of G's those cars can pull

They're used in drifting a LOT, in Drift Bible and other instruction DVD's to better show how it's possible to keep the flow of inertia the vehicle has very very fluid, and keep the transitions fluid.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I wish i could drive that animal of a course.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts