Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While attempting to clean my shop, I stumbled over the old wheels that came on the Supra when I got it. The rear tires on the stockers where shot, so for fun I though I would mount the old ones on. A few people have pinged me about them from my sig pic, so thought I would post what I know.

I have no idea who made them, they appear to be 15 x 10 with a -25 offset, some type of 4 lug universal. Originally all chrome, the chrome was badly pitted and flaking on the centers. They originally had a center caps, which where missing when I bought the car. There is some rash and I thought one had a crack, but once I cleaned them up, it was just the chrome plating had split.

I polished them up, painted the centers black, leaving some of the chrome accents, and ghetto fabbed some center caps, just to see what it would look like.

Two of the tires (rear, camber wear) were toast. Had them replaced, and now running 205/50/15 front and 205/55/15 rear. They actually balanced out fine, which surprised me. I've been driving around with them for about a month, so far, no problems. A couple of rubs on serious dips at high speed, but just a light touch. I wasn't a fan of the stretched look, but I must admit, it's growing on me. Anyway, this is what they look like.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
They look really good on your car. Can we get a up close shot of just the wheels to get a better look at them. I wanna see what they really look like.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
They are not bad looking. What do they look like without the center caps? They sort of look like these wheels

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Personally, I prefer the look without the centrecaps - I like your personalized touches. Looks great!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
There's a guy in Carson that sells them, as well as custom grilles. His name is Han, he's in the same building as Versus Motorsports. He's known by the old school tuners/builders. If you look in the LA craigslist, you will see them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I told you those wheels rock! Now that I know what they look like, they really fit the car well. The stretch, makes 'em that much better!!

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
Thats a very nice looking car, love the kit & color, the wheels go very well with the car too
i think i had seen some old school VW Gti in the past with those rims...

·
Registered
471 Posts
sexy tirestretch goodness

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Still not my fav-
but ANYTHING is better than stock for the kit you're running-

BIG improvement-keep hunting for those caps!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was wondering when someone would ask that question. Surprisingly, no. So far it's been fine, even over some pretty rough roads. I can go lock to lock with no rubbing. I "think" I had a brief touch in the rear on a big dip with a bunch of weight in the back, but saw no indication on the tires. Go figure.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I like'em without the caps. Dig car color btw.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts