Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Very nice, looks almost identical to the one that was at the local j/y that got crushed, don't let this one end up the same way.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Nice car! The engine bay could use some love. And a Toyota OEM radiator cap...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
how bout some history...

have you owned it a long time, or just acquire it?
Around August my Blazer needed repairs and I didn't want to fix it so I just sold it. Of course, I needed a new daily driver and I wasn't about to use my 1990 MKIII for that.

I found this car for $1000 on Craig's List shortly after I sold the Blazer. Now that I've had it for a while I'm starting to like it even more than my MKIII (probably because I get choked out way too much and my brain seems to dance to a different drum a little more each year).... So I have started to search for a new daily driver because I want to finish this new project... the daily will be a super beater this time, because every time I get something half way nice I always want to do shit to it and spend $ I probably shouldn't be spending... but I'm pretty impulsive, quit almost every good job that I had so that I could live the dream of opening my own business where I get paid to kick people in the teeth and fight without going to jail or getting slapped by someones girlfriend.

So far what has been done (Thanks mostly to Rabid Chimp)-
2 1/2 inch exhaust, all the way back
Rabid Chimp Intake pipe
new distributor, plugs, wires, brake pads, oil change, blah, blah
repaired the driver side door strap
repaired the dash
replaced a lot of fuses

Near future-
MKII wheels
repaint lime green (my girlfriend always wanted a lime green supra and its sorta hers too I guess)
new suspension (probably special order some nice lowering springs, sway bars, ect)
New Upholstry

..and lastly....
Engine build and turbo. I know it would be much more economical to swap in a 5mge, or a 7mge, shit, even a 5me... but I'm finally doing alright finacially, just opened my 2nd MMA school, and have no kids or any other expenses.... So I figure fuck it, I'll save up $ to build the shit out of the 4me engine and then turbo it with a small turbo at low boost. I don't want speed, just a nice 30-40rwhp gain with a fast spooling turbo so that I have my twisty road fun car.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
DON'T PAINT IT LIME GREEN!!!! AHHH!!:SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::SM130 (1)::sadbanana::sadbanana::sadbanana:

Leave it black, just like it is. It looks beautiful. Is it an Automatic? I was going to buy a black one on CL a few months ago but I wanted a 5sp and it was an Auto.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Lime Green=BAN=FAIL!

Sorry but that is the LAST car that should ever be painted lime green...scares me that you would even consider it for that car.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Lime Green=BAN=FAIL!

Sorry but that is the LAST car that should ever be painted lime green...scares me that you would even consider it for that car.
I have to agree - PLEASE DON'T paint it lime green :SM130 (1):

1 - 19 of 19 Posts