Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey Dave,
I came across this on Ebay, it looked very similar to the wiper bushing in the Celica Supra. I ordered it (takes about two months shipping) and it 's a spot on match. Installed it and it seems very tight (I did use a nylon glue), time will tell how it holds up. Hardest part was getting the ball back in the socket of the wiper transmission. I used a tie wrap wrapped around the wiper motor bell crank and the ball socket of the wiper transmission to hold the two pieces together, then used a large screwdriver slid between the tie wrap and the bell crank to pop the ball joint on, really works well. I didn't take any pictures of the procedure but I think I have an extra wiper motor and transmission to illustrate the procedure if anyone can't understand my ramblings.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Wicked awesome... in return... my tip to U... for pushing cup onto Ball... is to use a small C clamp...

Cheers dude

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
Not started yet I beleive.
These things always gets long to get rolling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in. How do I get the $100 deposit? Does anyone know Where I can locate a drivers side fender flare splash guard?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Guys, So everyone knows I have been working on this and i will have a bigger update for everyone very VERY soon, Hopefully we have enough people interested to make it a happen,

if your interested message me and let me know how many sets and the year or your car, Put Reproduction Body Moldings as the title,

This way i can have a better idea of who wants them and if it makes sense to move forward, Also they will be made to order not something stocked like a store, so figuring out a estimate on materials that will be needed is also helpful with knowing the final price they will cost,

Here is a pic ;)

IMG_20201109_082036049.jpg IMG_20201109_082042370.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,056 Posts
Still interested in 1 set. What sort of lead time are we looking at?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Still interested in 1 set. What sort of lead time are we looking at?
sent you a message as well as others that have shown interest please reply as im making a confirmed list, if we get enough ppl i will start things right away so once i hear back from ppl ill have a better idea on time line, thnx,

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
Please see the next post for a link to the pre-order form.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!!

So, it appears that some folks are confused about this, but Billy and I are working on this project together after I discovered we were both working on it independently.
I've been busily marketing the project across many internet platforms, while he has been working at producing the molds and determining materials and processes needed to create the best reproductions possible. As mentioned, the masters are from my inventory or fabricated in the case where I trim was missing or damaged, and all are solid masters. The metal core early generation trim finish was not great to begin with, but the later generation trim has a much cleaner appearance and consistency so you are going to be impressed with it.
If you have specific questions that have not been answered, you can contact either of us, but please read the WHOLE post thoroughly first before doing so. We are both putting a lot of time and effort into this project and work full time outside of that.
If you are 100% interested in a set, use the link below to enter your info so you can reserve yours, and specify which version you want. Be thorough, and fill in ALL the information so we don't have to chase after you later.
Deposits will be requested shortly, so keep an eye on this posting for updates.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #56 (Edited)
There are about 25 confirmed so far, let's make this happen!

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Guys, we really need to get some definitive numbers ASAP in order to figure out materials costing and get this baby put to bed. If you haven't already done so, please get your name on the pre-order list pronto. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Awesome - thanks guys. We're SLOWLY creeping toward the goal line now.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts