Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Phil, how many orders are needed currently?? There's 24 spoken for??

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Hey Archie - I believe we are at around 37 now, and although there isn't a magic number that will set the wheels in motion, I'd say at least 50 confirmed orders would be a good start. Considering there were close to 80 who said "I'm in" (but we all know what that means....) I think it's achievable. The biggest challenge now is projecting material costing, and determining a firm price based on those pre-orders. Everyday, more names are adding to the list, which is a good sign at least.

Reactions: AJ

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Phil, That is great to hear the response has been positive...I'm still considering...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Phil, That is great to hear the response has been positive...I'm still considering...
We are at 41 this AM, and still trickling in.

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
If anyone else is keen to participate in this project, please get your name on the list ASAP so we can move forward with it. We are at approx 50 sets thus far, a far cry from the initial response when this was announced in spring. Don't miss out, as this may not be repeated.

Reactions: Dzone

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Guys, So everyone knows I have been working on this and i will have a bigger update for everyone very VERY soon, Hopefully we have enough people interested to make it a happen,

if your interested message me and let me know how many sets and the year or your car, Put Reproduction Body Moldings as the title,

This way i can have a better idea of who wants them and if it makes sense to move forward, Also they will be made to order not something stocked like a store, so figuring out a estimate on materials that will be needed is also helpful with knowing the final price they will cost,

Here is a pic ;)

View attachment 15816 View attachment 15817
Hey, hey....

Depending on Complete-set Final Price (or if available per component) I'd be interested, once you have got it all sorted out based on Forum Member interest.
My original, un-restored, survivor, one-owner 49K-mile P-type, 1983 Mark II:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Depending on Complete-set Final Price (or if available per component) I'd be interested, once you have got it all sorted out based on Forum Member interest.
I see you are in the list - thanks. We are at 50 sets currently, but the more people participate, the lower the cost will be.

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
531 Posts
Nice group buy... too bad i dont have a Supra to buy them for, but a must for the car.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
Any updates?
Still working on it, hope to have some breaking news soon. Unfortunately, no-one will be getting a set under the tree.....:cry:

Reactions: 1982 Dragon

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
What are good condition original Toyota mouldings worth these days with the fixing clips?
Honestly, good luck finding them. I've seen some ratty, rotten ones on the Bay for $35-50, and I wouldn't put them on a car I own. Plus, what's the point? Whether pre rotted or clean, they have a limited life expectancy so why bother? Add to that the fact that when they rot, that cancer spreads to the holes in the door. Best thing is to seal those holes up with 3M tape adhered solid mldgs, which is why this is in the works.

·
Founding Member
6,482 Posts
I'm going to guess that originals are going to be worth more individually than as a set. Say for example someone has a pristine original mk2 that has suffered some accident damage and just needs a piece or two for repair. Currently you have no alternative, so you pay whatever the seller wants or you wait for the reproduction set to be completed and pay for an entire set, plus the labor to install the entire set. The repops are unlikely to be an exact enough match that you could get away with mixing old and new. But it would be considerably less shop hours if you could source original replacements. So I could see someone paying $100 - $150 each piece up to a point for pristine examples. But basically that seller would be waiting for one of us to have a wreck and need parts right away or for one of those guy's on BAT to unload their latest sight-unseen gamble off the truck and discover they need a couple of holy grail trim pieces.

Now if someone is trying to sell trim that's like less than a 9 out of 10 condition, the value drops significantly to maybe $10 to $30 each. Anything less than a 6 out of 10 conditionwise and you might as well drive around without any trim at all until this GB gets done.

Reactions: drftsupramk2

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ill be in for a set.

61 - 80 of 100 Posts