Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, So everyone knows I have been working on replacement side body moldings and i will have a bigger update for everyone very VERY soon, Hopefully we have enough people interested to make it a happen,

if your interested message me and let me know how many sets and the year or your car, Put Reproduction Body Moldings as the title,

This way i can have a better idea of who wants them and if it makes sense to move forward, Also they will be made to order not something stocked like a store, so figuring out a estimate on materials that will be needed is also helpful with knowing the ball park price they will cost,

Here is a sample pic of hopefully what is to come ;)

IMG_20201109_082036049.jpg IMG_20201109_082042370.jpg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ah ok, thanks for the enlightenment :)
Explains why I was wondering, my Supra doesn't have them (any more?). Possibly removed during the paint job right at the beginning, done by its first owner. My first Supra (a 1984 model) still had them.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah ok, thanks for the enlightenment :)
Explains why I was wondering, my Supra doesn't have them (any more?). Possibly removed during the paint job right at the beginning, done by its first owner. My first Supra (a 1984 model) still had them.
they rust bad or even fall off, the owner priviously maybe couldnt find a good set

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im still working on it have a bunch of the moldings done, work has been busy so im going as fast as i can with spare time, i have also been testing different formulations of material, and some other tests like strength and leaving them outside in the elements snow rain heat ect... plus different adhesives more news soon, here is a pic of testing adhesive and test fitting one of the repro molding prototypes

before

after

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Looks awesome Billy! Can't wait!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys, I messaged some of you that showed interest, Please check your PM and let me know so we know if this will be a go or not, if you didnt get anything feel free to message me, As if so I would like to begin soon, Thnx.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys, i have messaged everyone that was interested on the list, as well as those who contacted direct, some responded some didn't some i still have no idea weather they are in or not but it is what it is... BUT WE ARE MOVING FORWARD WITH THE MOLDINGS and have started to collect deposits,

i must say the warnings a few of the OG's gave me about the community regarding group buys and ppl saying they want something then come time to pay and they vanish lol..., or even to get some ppl to respond and communicate in a timely manner definitely is challenging,

so here is were we are at, those of you that responded and provided deposits thank you, those of you that responded but never paid the deposits yet i will give you a certain amount of time if i dont hear back then remove you from the list, unless you make arrangements,

why? well we cant wait forever and materials need to be ordered to make the required amount of sets, so if a few ppl are going to take to long its easier to remove them from the list to not delay others, i think i have been very fair with everyone in terms of communication and answered all questions ppl had,

So here is the straight goods just like previous projects i have done with the community,
if you paid the deposit you will get a set,
if you dont pay the deposit by the cut off date you wont get a set,
i will only make what ppl order, if you message me after wanting a set sorry you missed out...

Many of you have been really supportive and appreciate my commitment to the community and our cars and to those thank you, But being one guy doing everything from manufacturing to customer service i am going to heavily need to think about if i am going to do other projects like this, As I have already done a few projects already but this one has been the most challenging in terms of everything...

I have finished every other project i started so im not going to stop now, So there it is ppl i am not going to chase anyone... you want a set great, you dont thats ok just let me know, if you are late to the dance well then you might not get the girl, Hopefully now everyone has a clear understanding so no surprises later,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts