Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

new seats??

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  ZZT231 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if other toyota seats will bolt into our mkII's? I was thinking maybe MR2 seats or corola gts seats. Any insight would be great!

#2 ·
well you could downgrade if you wanted to, but generally corolla and mr2 owners updgrade to mk2 seats :wink:

Personally I think the mk2s seats are about the only mechanical thing on the car that has not been improved upon in the newer generations.

#3 ·
the only way i would see that being an improvement is if youve never sat in GOOD condition P type seats.

they are one of the best features about the supra :)

#4 ·
I have yet to find a better seat than the stock MKII seats!

Every time my brother rides in my car, he comments on how comfortable they are. He even went to the junkyard and pulled one and converted into a chair for his dorm room! (I've sat in it, and it is great!)
I'm thinking about doing the same thing, and get a couple to put in my garage. It makes a really cool chair!

#6 ·
Heehee....

Saw some interesting examples this year at the Vegas meet.

John Nguyen's Silver 86 7MGTE. Both of his front seats came out of a MKII MR2 Turbo... Yes, you do have to do some fabrication, they are not a straight bolt in.....

At the last minute at the end of the Show N Shine, when Roy Cruz pulled in w/ his Red 84 w/ that monster 7M-GTE of his, I did happen to notice some tan MKIV leather seats. Didn't have time to look at his interior & how the seats were mounted, pretty sure that you have to fabricate as well. Since that "thing" of his is basically nothing more than a 1/4 mile drag monster, side/side lateral support is kind of a non-issue.

Should have gotten a picture of his car, but I didn't. This is what happens when you "assume" that he'll make it later to the drags & the dyno later that weekend (Jim Coble said Roy was unable to get the car tuned in time).

#7 ·
wow i hadnt realised that someone else had stuck sw20 (mr2 ) seats in their mark2 supra.
Its an easy swap
and works great. Heaps lighter than stock seats and more solid.
The rails are the same length and width, so you just need to drill out the ma61 mounts that weld onto the rails and do the same with the sw20 seats.
then weld the ma61 mounts onto the sw20 rails
simple as that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.