Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just bought an 85 supra and want to know what you more experienced supra owners think i should look into for modifying my car after i am done with a bit of body work that still needs to be done on it

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
In this order hoss:

Brakes
Suspension
THAN engine swap/turbo (take your pick...7M, JZ, UZ)

Enjoy new found power safely with a chassis that can handle it.

Welcome to CS.com! (I've drank a couple of beers...probably doesn't count as a drunken post) :laugh:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Which local car did you buy --- off CL ?

And, Mark's order of importance is correct ...

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Was it a two tone 85? Just saw one for sale in Edgewood, +-2 weeks ago? Anyway, welcome, plenty of us around Puget Sound. Where at in Auburn? I live by White River, S.E. Auburn area...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well the cars name was sharlet lol bought it from another couple in auburn and no its a white one might paint it yellow though after i get the body work done though the 7m is the 3.0 litter right?

·
Premium Member
6,133 Posts
Ah, Charlotte, Cary's White 85. Yes 7m is 3.0. You should think about finishing the Suspension and Brake upgrades on that car before upgrading engine. Maybe we can meet up sometime, Ill give you a ride in the turbo....

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Yup...7M is the 3 liter. So you bought Cary and Lora's car.. we all know Charlotte around here. You got a lot of good knowledgeable people around you up there...take my word for it.

Damn it Mikey...you're fast for an old guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
alright you guys know your shit lol
yeah i priced out the suspension and it came out to around 200 and i think i might go ahead and do that some time this up coming week

·
Registered
906 Posts
$200 for suspenion, LMAO ... maybe for stock f'n KYB GR2 shock/struts. Soft ass pieces of shit, that will take maybe a year of "hard" driving.

Research, and think about spending x2+ of that price, than add x2+ again for springs, and, and, and ........

·
Registered
906 Posts
Not everyone is building the suspension for some track monster that never runs ;)

Ps:rubbing two sticks together

AND, I'll light the fire with Blow Torch. READ his posts ..... HE WANTS, more engine, and was advised on where to start ... Brakes, Suspenion ... more power means --- spend MORE F'N money, on QUALITY parts ... not STOCK REPLACMENT SHIT !!!

Clear enough for you, or do I need to crank it up a notch ?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Equal opportunity hater here :) IF, you have been around this forum as long as I have "see Junkie for a bit better reference", you may have a similar attitude.

People that do not read, or listen, deserve a foot up their collective asses. And, I'm more than happy to be the guy to do it :D

·
Registered
906 Posts
Not everyone has $2K in their back pocket to drop on suspension parts. I personally believe he is at a good start.

I'll bring extra gas tanks for that torch of yours....don't blow yourself up now ;)
How about you grow a pair, and tell us who you really are, and put in a better location.

Or, are you just another fucking troll trying to stir shit in the pot ?

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
MacGyver, not to start shit but, do you even own a Supra? Just kinda showed up and throwing all sorts of stuff into the fan to blow up all over our members. Only posts have been just rippin on people and no intro?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Just a troll kiddies, move on and ignore, he'll go away.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts