Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am new on celicasupra.com I am already member of supraforums.com cause I have a '95 Supra that is my project car. Now I bought a '86 CelicaSupra for the time being.

I am only 18 years old but I eat, sleep and breathe cars.
The Supra was always my favourite car so for me it is a dream coming true.

But now I have a question about the original stickers of my CelicaSupra but didn't knew where to post it so I supposed this is the best place.

On the back of my Celica Supra are some traces of glue off the stickers:
On the left:Toyota celica Supra and on the right: 2.8i
Does anyone knows where I can buy original ones, because the traces aren't coming of with stickereraser and when I try something else I am affraid I will damage the paint.
My local Toyota dealer said they couldn't order them anymore and if the could the left one would be 60 euro's and the right one would be around 110 euro's. That would be an to expensive solution in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
welcome:thumbsup:

i can't remember if someone here was reproducing those or not. you can get the large "supra" decal that goes across the width of the hatch from bob shapton.

try nail polish remover on the sticky stuff.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, tried that before but didn't workout.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Acetone, razorblade, and an assload of rubbing is what got the stickers off of our cars. Followed up with more rubbing with rubbing compound. This got the surface perfectly clean and ready for either new paint or a new sticker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I know with a lot of rubbing and razorblades you can get everything off.
But that wasn't really the question, I hoped someone knew where you can order the original stickers, because offcourse if I put a little but more work in it I can get them off but the surface underneath are scratches on. So I don't really want it off before I have new stickers.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
username: bshapton has the stickers or did...

·
Registered
7,161 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Welcome

You have a good looking TRUE 86. When I read your post, I thought here is another MKlll, calling it an 86. But you have the real deal 86, and nice looking to.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's done I designed them myself also the 2.8i so if someone wants them you just let me know. They are the same as the '82/'83 in N. America except for the golden stroke which I don't like you can pick any random color with any color stroke or no stroke.
Thanks to you all for the advice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts