Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a new p-type couple weeks ago, and am trying to get him street worthy. I have sourced all the relays and fuse-able links from a functioning parts car to get headlight motors working but all for naught. The new car has had alot of things disconnected "shaved" ie, cruise, windshield fluid, heater control valve. is their anything that runs parallel with light motors? Lights work just motors do not. my hazards, and horn work. also have no blower motor. fan and relay are good, also sourced from parts car, confirmed today moved to new car and nothing. so no blower motor, and no headlamp motors. any thoughts. this is an 84 hard top. did 84 have alarm horn, and self locking doors like 85/86? Michael

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Are you getting power at the motor plugs when you turn on the multi-switch? The alarm system started in 85.

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
The heater circuit breaker on the 85/86 needed a paper clip or similar pin to press into the hole on the CB to reset?? Not sure if the same for the '84 model??

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I re set my CB a few times B-4 my blower motor seized up on my '84.
Right kick panel,as I recall.About the size and color of 20 dimes.Hole in the top.Listen carefully,if it clicks,you have re set it.
No click? Keep digging into the wiring.

I went through this when I was chasing a NO A/C issue. I overcharged the system and cooked the clutches-gone,now.
I just through parts at it. New A/C relay and other stuff.

Had to replace the wimpy condenser fan and now,I kick in the A/C button to fire up that De Rail (Pusher)fan.
I watch my transmission fluid temperature like an eagle. I'll kick it in around 180*
Cooling system works fine.It's gone above the 1/2 way mark only twice.
Ask Gamble.The heater was stuck on FULL in 90* heat,on the way to Portland Supra Nationals.

ARRITE, I have replaced the heater blower motor only once,in October,in the dark.Being frustrated to get the old one out,I was a little rough.:naughty:

·
Premium Member
7,487 Posts
Dave...parts are parts...

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Also, check to see if power is getting to the headlight retractor relay and if so, check to see if it's getting to the light motors.

·
Founding Member
6,207 Posts
I have no idea if its related, but your description sounds vaguely familiar with things not working. After I'd finished a 7m-gte swap, during which I completely emptied the engine bay to remove the overzealous rustproofing and repaint it, I was checking all the dash controls and a few things didn't work. I remember the blower motor, been too many years ago now, but I think the headlight retractors also were involved. After hours of checking all the standard diagnostics and pouring over wiring diagrams, I found one of those round weatherproof plugs in the body wiring loom was not quite fully engaged up front of the car in the vicinity of the air filter. I hadn't fully seated it I guess when reassembling everything. I pushed it together until I heard it click and then everything on the car worked. Given that a previous owner was messing with your Supra, you may need to go through the wiring diagrams at the links Dave provided and track down where the circuits are interconnected, then follow the wiring looms to make sure they're all intact and plugged in. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you for all the quick responses. I searched quite a bit before asking. there is also a fuse in passenger kick panel(right) is this related to blower?, fuse was present in my parts car but not in new one. blower resistor was also fried in new one, but sourced working one out of car. I ordered a TSRM for an 85 (prefer paper) how much of the wiring schematic changed 84-85? hope I did ok. got it for 60 with the electric manual. everything i see for that resistor new only has four blades, both of mine have 5. looked at Cressida part new and it has 5 but no pig tail...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. I replaced entire front wireing harness including under hood fuse box, and voila' I had lights motorized, as it should be. I don't know what the issue was but I pulled everything off my 85 and it now works. I also pulled switch from HVAC and don't have power @ switch. I installed fuse in right hand foot panel, and confirmed continuity in relays in that kick panel per tsrm. Where to now? there are tons of relays under the passenger dash. car is pretty but damn.. tsrm is on its way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok I pulled heater relay location in passenger kick panel and I have power across the breaker, I have power across relay. but I have nothing @ the 10amp fuse location. (Small blue wire with red stripe) suggestions?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blower issues. looks like schematic for 85 86 wont work for 84 my ac switch @ center console only has three pins. 85 85 have 6 pins. anyone know where power wire to 10amp fuse comes from? I have ground on both sides of this fuse. is that right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts