Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been about three weeks sence i bote my 85 Supra and im really enjoying the sweet machinery toyota made. Where can i buy a good radiator that will in the time being cool down the 5m-ge but in the long run be for the 7m-gte, i have a hole in the top, a small one but the store wants 200 or 235 for a new one can i repair it with somethen?? and then get the new radiator later for the 7m upgrade?? Is there different body styles i hear p type L type how do i find out what i have?? How do i paint the stock rims?? is there a way to stick a after market power sunruf and price?? How much horse power gain would i get if i ran a straight pipe fro engine to muffler what is the best set up?? oh about those yellow side markers and back tail lights any after market parts or somethen??????

·
Premium Member
5,572 Posts
for a radiator search online - I have had very good luck, got one two years ago for 100 bucks delivered to my garage door with lifetime warranty. I think it was 1-800radiator or something like that. Theres a few inexpensive places online. Also got one for my 91 mk3T for $129 delivered.

·
Super Moderator
10,546 Posts
and for the rest of your questions, try the search function on this board. You just asked way more questions then anyone here has the time or patience to answer. All of that info can be found here, just searh for it. And welcome to the board :)

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Radiator....

Where are you located???? If you are in a hot climate, the 5MGE radiator is not going to be up to the task!!! Talk to Don Culbertson, Jay Balducci, Leslie Grover & Jim Coble. All 4 of these guys upgraded to a custom 3 row radiator w/ their 7MGTE conversions. Jay, Leslie, & Jim are all in the SW of the US & running hot in the summer was a issue. Don is up here in the PacNW, but the 1st time he drove it down to Vegas, the car was running hot on occasion. Did the radiator upgrade & on his 2nd trip to Vegas, it was a non issue.

If you are in a cool/mild climate location, then the 5M radiator should be fine.

·
Registered
351 Posts
[thread hijack] Hey, Chris, I have a question for you. The radiator in my car has a few pinhole leaks in the tank. I looked into a re-core and it's going to be at least $200 for an aluminum one. Any suggestions? Also, I would like a little more beef than my stock 5M-E radiator, as the 5M-GE seems to run a little bit warmer. Thanks. [/thread hijack]

·
Registered
310 Posts
I got both of mine from AutoZone each for like 130 with lifetime warranty. In fact the one on the red mk2 got a hole above the bottom hose inlet. I took it back to autozone and got another one free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts